Choices (2)

A triumphant smile lit up my face as I walked out of the Great Hall. I had finally conquered Draco Malfoy. After six years of pranks and disappearing head bands, I had left him standing there reeling at the comments I had made. It felt good to have the upper hand.

Still smiling, I turned the corner and that's when I bumped into him.

"Ow!" I cried out.

I looked up and saw him. His big beautiful brown eyes just staring at me, creased in concern.

"Harry" I murmured.  It was him ,the love of my life...Harry Potter.

"Harry," I said a little more louder now. He smiled at me.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," his voice expressed concern. .

He cares about me! A sudden thought ran through her mind. She felt an even bigger smile lift her lips.

"I- I- I'm fine" Just looking at him made her feel so flustered and uncoordinated.

"That's good," he smiled at her again. She felt like she was in seventh heaven. " I'm going to go to grab something to eat. Would you like to join me?"

Was he asking her out? YES YES YES!! A voice in her head screamed at her. SAY YES! I was almost tempted to.

"I-"  Suddenly the thought of the endless pile of homework waiting for me flashed through my mind.

I'll do it tonight, argued the voice.

I have detention, I suddenly remembered.  I nearly groaned. Damm that Malfoy! I was going to kill him for getting me in trouble"

"I'm sorry...I already have...plans," I said apologetically. My heart sank as I said it. WHY GOD WHY?!

"Oh that's ok," he sounded disappointed. "Maybe next time"

"Definitely."

He gave me a quick wave and left. Sighing, I leant back against the wall, disappointment coursing through me.  Should have just said yes, I thought bitterly.

Somewhere in the distance I heard a chuckle. I looked up, searching for the source. There was no one in sight.

"Well Well Well, it looks like Amanda Cornwall just got rejected."

I looked to my left and saw him. Draco Malfoy. My eyes narrowed as I saw his laughing face but I quickly resumed my previous expression. I was simply too tired and too upset to argue with him.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I asked weakly. He stopped laughing, his eyes scanned my face.  He was suddenly very close to me, just inches away from my face. I could see his grey eyes. I had never noticed them before. They looked so deep and meaningful. At that moment I felt like leaning into his shoulder and telling him all my troubles and worries.

I leant in closer...