Choices (13)

Draco

Something was wrong. I could feel it when she burst into the building. Her panic stricken expression, the way she couldn't speak... I knew it. My plan had failed.

She collapsed after McGonagall left. She was lucky I was there to catch her when she fell.  I had to pick up her two feet and carry her to the hospital wing.

"I'm always carrying you aren't i?" I glanced down at her unconscious body. Even when she was in panic mode did she look good. I remembered her attempting to get the words out of her mouth and McGonagall's stricken expression .I nearly laughed.

Now I was sitting beside her hospital bed waiting for her to wake up. I wanted to be the first person she would see when she wakes up. I wanted her to know that I was the one to catch her when she fell.

Yes, I admit it. I've completely fallen in love with her. I can't tell her though...not yet.

She began to stir. This brought back memories of when she fell asleep during our early morning tutoring sessions. I stayed by her bedside just watching her sleep. I so badly wanted to be by her side when she woke up but I had to complete my mission.

"Wha-What happened?"

Amanda Cornwall was awake.

Amanda

"Wha-What happened?"

All I could see was white. White sheets, white beds. I gathered I was in the hospital wing. But why? Did something happen to me? The only person here was Malfoy.

"You fainted," he explained coolly "Something about Katie Bell being cursed." 

Memories of suspension in mid air and fainting all came back to me.

"Oh my god! Where is she? Is she ok?" I tried to get up to look for her.

Malfoy stood up and grabbed my arms.

"Where are you going? You can't go anywhere yet." His warm voice had come back again. How he could change personalities so quickly was beyond me. But I found myself agreeing and settled back in bed again.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know?"

"What do you mean you don't know? You were with McGonagall weren't you?"

"Yeah but she..." he shrugged.

"Malfoy...have you been here the whole time?" I asked, a thought suddenly dawning on me.

"What? No!" he denied quickly. I found a smile spreading across my face.

"Yes you were. You were here the whole time!"  I couldn't believe it. Did Draco Malfoy actually care for me?

"Well I had to get you up here to the hospital wing didn't I? I was forced to stay and make sure you were alright."

"Oh really? Forced by who?" I raise my eyebrow teasingly.

"My conscience," he winked at me.

"Draco Malfoy has a conscience?" I gasped dramatically "We have to alert the Daily Prophet! Draco Malfoy has a heart!"

"Shh. We can't have too many people knowing about it." He poked his tongue out at me and I laughed.

"Amanda?"

I looked up to see Harry approaching with Ron and Hermione. As quickly as it had appeared, Malfoy's humorous mood vanished.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" asked Ron, narrowing his eyes.

"It's none of your business Weasel" Malfoy sneered.

"How do we know you haven't cursed her or anything?" accused /ron, his face pink from the Weasel comment.

Malfoy's eyes met mine. "Believe me, I wouldn't waste my time." And then he left.

"Amanda, are you alright?" Harry sat down beside me on my bed.

"I'm fine...compared to Katie," I shuddered "How is she?"

"Not good," responded Hermione, sympathetically "She's at St. Mungos. It turns out she was cursed."

"Yeah, by Malfoy." Said Ron, darkly.

"What?" I looked up at harry. The expression on his face confirmed that he felt this way too.

"But he wasn't even at Hogsmeade. He was with McGonagall. I saw him," I said, trying to clear his name.  He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't!

"Yeah, she said that too." Explained Harry "But I just know that he's a death eater! All evidence points to it!"

"Oh Harry don't start that again," Hermione sighed exasperatedly.

The three of them begin to argue about whether Malfoy was a death eater or not. I didn't know who to believe.  Malfoy wasn't that bad was he? I remembered his friendly expression before but also how quickly it had changed.  Was Malfoy really a death eater?

Which side do I trust?

2 weeks later

"Hello beautiful."

Harry couldn't keep his eyes off me as I walked down the stairs from the dorm. It was the night of Slughorn's Christmas party and I decided to dress up nicely. I was wearing a strapless blue dress which went to about mid thigh. I decided to curl my long hair and wear it down which gave me a nice elegant look complete with a heart charm that Harry had given me.

"I'm so glad I decided to go to the party tonight," whispered Harry as I took his hand. I giggled.

Slughorn's party was a blast. I danced with Harry for most of the night, only stopping when someone from the paper tried to interview Harry and Maclaggen stepped in. No wonder Hermione was trying to escape. He would not stop talking!

The party was suddenly interrupted when Filch came, holding Malfoy by his collar. Harry stepped closer to me, his arm around my waist like he was scared that Malfoy might try to attack me. I could see Malfoy's eyes taking in my appearance as well as the arm around my waist.

"I caught him prowling around. He said he had an invitation to your party," said Filch.

"Alright! I was gate crashing!" Malfoy pulled away from Filch's grip.

"I'll take him." Snape looked furious at Malfoy. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry smirk. As they left he whispered to me

"I'll be right back."

"Where are you going? You're not following them are you?"

"I need answers. Just stay here."

"No, I'm coming with you," I insisted.

"Fine."

We sneaked out of the party and followed Malfoy, carefully lurking in the shadows. Suddenly they stopped. Harry pushed me behind a wall.

"You know I didn't hex that Bell girl," Malfoy said gruffly.

Snape pushed him against the wall. "I swore to protect you! I made the Unbreakable vow!" He hissed.

"I don't need protection! I was chosen for this!" Malfoy insisted

"You're afraid Draco! Let me assist you."

"No! I was chosen, this is my moment!"

Malfoy broke from snape's grip and began to walk away. Snape followed him

I let out my breath. Was the Malfoy I knew a sham? All this time, was he really just a Death Eater?

 --

Hey guys

the storyline might be progressing a little bit slow but i promise that things will soon start to heat up between malfoy and amanda