Choices (7)

Amanda

Detention went by pretty fast after I confessed to Malfoy about what happened with Harry. I felt relief after letting it out so I told him everything. How he did it...what it felt like...how I felt about him. I was just so excited that I had actually gotten the guy. Like "THE guy" that I just poured my heart out to the closest person. Malfoy didn't say anything at all. He just stayed silent and continued to write his lines while giving the occasional nod or "mm".

Finally when McGonagall came back we were both done and were dismissed.

"I expect to see you two back here tomorrow evening...ON TIME Miss Cornwall," she stared me down again before closing the door on us.

"Well you certainly talk much," said Malfoy before turning and walking off.

"Well you would two if you just kissed the girl you liked," I shot back. I quickly caught up to him.

"Yeah well...that's not going to happen anytime soon," he said to himself.

"Oh come on, I'm sure Pansy Parkinson is more than happy to date the Slytheirin Sex God," I joked.

He stopped walking. I turned to see why and saw the giant smirk on his face.

"Slytherin sex god?" he looked amused.

"Yeah don't let it get to your head you cocky bastard," I warned before heading off to the common room. I smiled as I heard him chuckle but all thoughts of him disappeared as I entered the common room to see Harry waiting for me.

"Hey," he said, sitting up.

"Hey," I said shyly. I had no idea what to say or how to act. He patted the couch, indicating he wanted me to sit next to him.

"How was detention?" he asked. I'm sure he must have felt awkward too. Harry Potter wasn't known for dating girls. Maybe I was his first? This thought sent delightful shivers through my body.

"It was alright...didn't help that I was late," Harry grinned apologetically "Surprisingly Malfoy was there already." Harry's smile disappeared as fast as it appeared. I shouldn't have mentioned him.

"He didn't try to do anything to you did he?" Harry's eyes were once again filled with concern. I loved it when he did that. He cared about me!

"No, he was mostly quiet," I reassured. "Hey...do you really think he's a death eater?"

"I have my suspicions but I know I'm right," he said, determined. "Ron and Hermione don't believe me but I know I'm right. I'm going to prove it."

"Atta boy," I said softly before kissing him. I was surprised at my boldness but he seemed to like it.  The rest of the night became a blur as I continued kissing him. We woke up in the morning on the couch, his arms entwined around me. I was in such a blissful mood...nothing could ruin it.

--

"I'm late!" I shrieked as I looked at the time.

Harry put one hand to his ear. "That's all I've heard since I kissed her," he said to Ron. I lightly punched his arm.

After waking up with Harry next to me, I fell back asleep again. The next thing I knew, I could hear camera's going off and flashes in my face. Harry looked confused too. Falling asleep on the couch together probably wasn't such a good idea...The next thing we knew, there was a giant poster on the Bulletin Board of us two sleeping together with the caption "Two lovebirds together at last!"

Everyone in the common room was soon bombarding us with questions. It was like trying to cross a battle field to get to our dorm.  Breakfast was the sane too. Word had gotten out that we were now an item and people from different houses were also coming up to us. I avoided looking over at Ravenclaw's table where Cho Chang was sitting. I hoped she wasn't upset...

"We have Potions first," announced Hermione. I groaned when she said that and she gave me a sympathetic look.

"You can't be that bad at it," she tried to reason with me.

"You're right...I'm worse," I muttered.

"What about those study notes I gave you?" she reminded me

"What study notes?" I looked at her, puzzled.

"Harry told me about your Potions problem and he asked me to help...I wasn't supposed to tell you that though..."

I looked and saw Harry glaring at Hermione.

"How did you know I had a Potions problem?" I asked.

He blushed  "I've seen you studying every night and I just wanted to help you."

My heart melted at that. It had only been 15 hours and already he was acting like the perfect boyfriend.

"Thank you." To show my gratitude, I leant in to kiss him. When we broke apart, I looked over at the Slytherin table. I had felt someone watching me. When my eyes landed on Malfoy, he looked away. Weird... I thought.

"Hey I need to go back to the common room," I sighed in exasperation. "I left my potions book there."

"Do you want me to go with you?" offered Harry.

"No I don't want you to be late too." I waved them off while hurriedly rushing off to the common room.