Choices (4)

Amanda

I muffled my cries with my sleeve as tears streamed down my face. The sun was beginning to set and dinner was about to commence but I didn't care. What Malfoy had said had hit every single nerve in my heart.  But why did I care?

I had loved the great Harry Potter ever since I first saw him at Platform nine and three quarters. There we were two innocent eleven year olds about to embark on the greatest adventure of our lives.  When I first saw him amidst the hustle and bustle, I knew he was someone special. I had so desperately wanted to say hi but when I finally got the courage to do it, he was whisked away by the red headed Weasleys.

After that, every chance I could get was taken away by something or other. It was frustrating but I held on. After all his amazing stunts, I slowly found myself falling in love. From the Philosopher's Stone to when he rescued Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets, I knew that he could be the one for me.    It was because of that that I took it upon myself to be involved with Harry as much as possible...not that it made a difference.

This thought made me start crying again. I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face, I couldn't stop the painful thoughts of Harry from coming, I couldn't find it in myself to stop loving him. I couldn't do anything!

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.  The presence of it felt so warm and comforting...something I was desperately in need of. Not caring who it was, I turned my head, leant against their chest and cried my heart out.

Draco

It broke my heart to see her like that. All broken and upset. She was leaning against my chest, soaking my expensive shirt with her giant wet tears.

After seeing her run off like that, I knew I couldn't leave her with that last thought. Me being a sick child. I had run after her but she had disappeared. I looked for her everywhere. What made it harder was the ability not to ask anyone where she had gone. It would have looked incredibly suspicious and I wasn't up to being questioned...neither was she.

It was only after going up to the Astronomy tower that I found her. The tower gave me a great view of the lake and from there I saw her, lying against the tree trunk along the edge of the lake, racked with grief. Not caring about missing dinner, I had ran to where she was. But when I got there, I couldn't do anything. I just watched her. Watched her thoughts appear on her face. She was so easy to read. Just like a book. I knew she was thinking about Potter. It hurt me to see that and I was just about to turn away when she started crying again. I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. Surprisingly she didn't push it away, all she did was cry her heart out on to my shirt.

"Hey..." I whispered "Don't waste your tears on him."

She stopped crying and looked up.

"Draco Malfoy?"

"Yeah, it's me. Listen...I'm sorry about what I said to you before," I apologised. I was still looking into her eyes. The eyes I was beginning to love.

"Did you...just ...apologise?" a small smile began to pull on her lips.

"Don't tell anyone," I said.

She chuckled "Why, are you afraid your bad boy reputation is going to die if I tell people you're actually human"

"Mm yup, we can't have that," I joked.

She laughed again. After a few moment of silence, I heard her say "I forgive you."

"What was that?" I asked teasingly "You forgive me for being the foul mouthed git that I am?"

"I know. What's wrong with me," she laughed. This made me happy.

We both sat there in silence again. She was still lying in my arms and it felt...good...like she was my other half. We fitted perfectly together.

"Hey...can I ask you a question?" she asked quietly.

"Shoot"

"Did you actually mean what you said? The part about everybody knowing?"

I hesitated. To tell the truth or not? I sighed. "I kinda lied about that part. I only found out after watching you talk to him. I don't know if anybody else knows."

"Oh."

"Now can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

I hesitated before asking  "Why do you hate me so much? Is it really that annoying having hair in your face?"

She sighed "Well since you told me the truth I guess I'll have to do the same for you."

 She took a deep breath.