Choices (29)

I read the message over and over again, my mouth agape.  I wrote him one page letter and he couldn't even be bothered to write one paragraph? He barely responded to my questions and he didn't even have the decency to write my name.

Fuming, I flung the note onto the table. My blood was boiling. I was furious. Curse that Draco Malfoy! I risked everything for him. My friendships, my education, my relationship, my life! And now he just gave me a one sentence reply. Aargh!

Everyone was staring at me in shock during dinner. All I could think about was Draco and his stupid stupidity. I was so angry that I would stab my food with my fork before roughly shoving it into my mouth and stabbing the plate again.

"Um, Amanda dear?" Mrs Weasley asked nervously "Is something the matter?"

"No," I responded angrily with my mouth full with food, "Everything's just great!"

I took the knife and furiously started cutting up my meat, my hand moving back and forth.

"I think that's enough now," said Fed, or George. Whatever. I was trying so hard to keep my tears in that I was blinded by them. He made to take the knife but backed away when I glared at him. 

"Don't!" I snapped at him.

The rest of dinner was filled with everyone giving me even more worried glances but trying not to show it in case I snapped at them.  You could tell everyone was relieved when an owl suddenly pecked at the window. My beautiful owl, Chestnut had arrived, bearing a letter. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I slowly walked up to the window. I opened the window and plucked the letter from her claws.

My name was written on the front of the envelope with a familiar cursive writing. I softly gasped in surprise. What was he doing writing to me again? His last letter had pretty much said all the things he had been meaning to say. So what was this?

"May I be excused?" I asked distractedly, still staring down at the letter. She nodded and I trudged up the stairs. When I reached my room, I sat down at my bed and dropped the letter in front of me, still eyeing my cursive name.  I was too scared to open it. I slowly peeled the flap open and took the letter out.

Amanda,

Forgive me for writing you that incredibly brief letter. My father was wondering who had sent me the letter you wrote and I had to quickly make something up so I avoided writing your name and answering your questions. I hope you understand.

I've missed you too. Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine. It's you I'm most worried about. Are you alright? Were you hurt when the death eaters crashed the wedding? I was worried sick about you. I'm sorry I couldn't have contacted you sooner but it's been really crazy around here lately.

I wished I could have seen you in your dress. I bet you were the most beautiful one there. I'm glad you have company and I wish we were back at Hogwarts too.

I have to go now, but just remember that I love you and I promise we'll be together soon.

Love Draco

I read the letter over and over again, each time with a bigger smile on my face. He still loved me! Ecstatic, I raced down the stairs and to the dining table where I happily finished the rest of my dinner. Everyone was looking at me in shock wondering about the sudden change of mood.

"Are you ok?" George asked hesitantly.

"Yup, never been better," I chirped. They all continued to look stunned at me.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Nothing." They all shook their heads and continued on with their conversations with a more calm expression on their faces. I just smiled and joined in.

October

November

Dear Draco

I wish the war would be over soon. All I can think about right now is being in your arms as soon as possible. I just wish that we didn't have to live like this...on two separate sides, fighting for different things. I just hope that the end will come quickly.

How are your parents? You never really talked much about them...and I have no idea what they're like or who they are. I'd love to meet them, but I'm just afraid they wouldn't like me.

It's been two months since I last asked if we could meet up. I really need to see you...now.

Love Amanda

Dear Amanda,

I wish the war could be over too. Don't worry. Although it may look like we're fighting on different sides, just remember that we're fighting to be together.

My parents are...different from other parents...I would love for you to meet them too but...maybe under different circumstances.

My father has been getting suspicious lately about the number of owls that have been coming to visit me. He says that pretty soon the Dark Lord will start to notice and we'll be put in danger. I'm running out of excuses to give him about these letters. We need to find another way to communicate pretty soon...

Love Draco

Dear Draco,

 I think I have what we need.

Have you ever heard of the London Eye? It's this big round circle thing that moves around in a circular motion. It's pretty hard to miss and is surrounded by Muggles so we'll be less noticed.

Friday 2 pm

Be there.

------

Alright guys sorry abotu not uploading sooner. This probably isnt one of my best or longest chapters but i had to figure out a way to get from one point to another again. But the good news is that i've pretty much gotten the idea and writing will come so much easier to me now.

Also, check out my new story Undercover Romance. It might not sound so good now but after i;ve uploaded a few more chapters, it shpuld get better so keep reading that one and give me support for that story too

I know you guys have been giving me heaps of support but because i havent uploaded in a while my ranking had dropped :( keep voting and commenting to get it back up again. How about a minimum of...20 votes?