Choices (11)

Amanda

Amanda,

Tutoring is going to have to be done late. I have things to do after detention but we can meet up in the dungeons at 2 am.

Draco

Was he out of his mind? Does he seriously expect me to work that early in the morning?

I stared at the letter, aghast. I'm usually sleeping at that time! I seriously considered calling the whole thing off but thoughts of my failing grades caused me to rethink. This was my last chance to pull my grades up. I guess I could stay up late just one time...

I sent him back a one word reply

"Fine"

--

"Where is he?" I grumbled silently to myself. It was 2am and I was already at the freezing cold dungeons but Malfoy was nowhere in sight.

"If he doesn't come in the next 2 minutes, I'm leaving," I said to myself, slightly raising my voice just in case he was nearby.

2 minutes came and went and there was still no Malfoy in sight.

"What a jerk!" I muttered to myself. "He tells me to wake up at 2am and doesn't even bother to show up."

I turned towards the doorway to leave and instead saw Malfoy. He looked amused as he took in my grumpy expression, my dishevelled hair and my comfy bed boots accompanied with bed socks.

"Good night's sleep Cornwall?" he asked, smirking.

"It was until I had to wake up." I glared at him. "Where were you?"

"I told you I had things to do," he shrugged. That made me angry but I was just too tired to argue.

"Let's just get this over and done with." I sat myself down at a table and he picked up from where he had left off.

After 5 minutes had gone by, I was already starting to feel tired. I never had to wake up this early and I found that I just couldn't concentrate.

"Cornwall? Cornwall!"

"What?" I snapped back to what Malfoy was saying.

"What's the antidote to these poisons?" he asked.

I stared at him blankly.

"I've told you this five times already," He said impatiently "It's a bezoar."

Again I looked at him blankly "A what?"

He sighed. "I'll go get one to show you." He stood up and disappeared into the storage room.

I was so tired. I could feel my eyes drooping, begging for sleep.

I'll just rest my eyes for a second. Just one second.

I closed my eyes and placed my head on the table.

Just one second, I thought before drifting off into a deep slumber.

Draco

"Alright, this is a Bezoar. Cornwall? Cornwall" I shook her gently. Her head lolled from side to side. She was already fast asleep.

"Great," I muttered to myself. How was I supposed to get her back into her common room without arising suspicion? I couldn't.

"Oh well," I picked her up gently in my arms "You're just going to have to come back with me."

I walked out of the dungeons, past the Slytherin common room and walked up seven flights of stairs. When we reached the seventh floor, she squirmed in my arms.

"Mm," she murmured to herself. She turned her head and buried it in my chest. I stopped walking and just looked down at her. She looked so peaceful and serene. Nothing like that hot tempered girl that would emerge during the day. I didn't know which side I liked better.

Snap out of it Malfoy, a voice in my head whispered, you don't have time for distractions.

I'll be fine, another voice argued, I'm just putting her to bed.

I headed off again till I reached a blank stretch of wall. I began to pace up and down while thinking

'I need a place for her to sleep, I need a place for her to sleep, I need a place for her to sleep.'

When I opened my eyes, there was a door in front of me. I grasped its handle and pushed it open. Inside was a four poster bed, exactly like the one in the dorm. There was even a bathroom.

"Perfect." I gingerly laid her under the covers where she was nearly lost under the assortment of plush cushions.

I kissed her forehead.

"Night Sweetheart."