Little brownhaired girl

OMGS A CHAPTER!?
Anyone missed me? No? Ok :(

[smol girl meets Leo]

•••

Leo ran around the small store, trying to gather the supplies they needed as quickly as possible.
He was just reaching for a roll of toilet paper when a loud shout startled him into dropping the tall stack of things he was carrying. "Leo! Hurry uuup!"
He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath before he yelled back. "WHY DON'T YOU JUST COME HELP ME HUH!? DO I LOOK LIKE A DONKEY TO YOU?"
Pipers head popped around the corner of a shelf. She had a smirk plastered on her face. At the sight of it Leo seemed to regret his words. "You know what, don't answer that."

Together they loaded everything onto a cart and pushed it towards the pay desk. Well... Piper pushed and Leo has hanged over it like a little kid, making high pitched "wheeee" noises.
The old cashier gave them an irritated look but said nothing.
He was given a toothy grin by the curly haired latino boy hanging on his stomach over the cart with tanned arms stretched out like an airplane.
Piper laughed lightly at Leo's everyday behavior and slowed the shopping cart to a sudden stop right before it crashed into the desk. Leo was hurtled forward and landed in the middle of the goods. "Oof" he breathed and raised his eyes to the cashier who had bent forward so that they were face to face. Leo's soft brown eyes widened and he quickly told the man that they were paying for the crushed things in their cart in a voice that was slightly too light for him. The grey haired man with bags under his small watery eyes huffed but once again remained quiet. The latino elf scrambled onto the floor and chuckled silently while Piper tried her best to silence her giggles.

"Hold on I forgot something! Wait here, I'll be right back!" Leo watched Piper jog back into the shelter of the rows of shelves covered in food and other supplies. Leo leaned onto the desk and rested his head on his palm whilst giving the man in front of him a crooked grin. "Sooooo how's life?" The man had the audacity to just grunt and turn away from the adorable teen boy who frowned. "Who put salt in your coffe?" He muttered just as he heard footsteps behind him.

Turning around thinking it was his friend, he was surprised to find himself looking at a family of four. The two parents were in the middle of a row, arguing loudly in angry voices. They had two kids, a chubby boy with greasy brown hair and pink skin who seemed to be around twelve years old. He was busy playing with a nerf gun. They had a daughter with long straight hair the same colour as the boy's. She was short and dark freckles covered her round face. She was probably around the age of nine.

Her big blue eyes stared up at Leo without blinking. He gave a warm smile and said hi to her. She did not move a muscle. Her long eyelashes tickled her cheeks when she finally blinked. The odd thing was that she was not looking at his face. No, her gaze was fixed on his battered orange t-shirt stained with mud, soot, grease, oil and specks of a dark liquid that wouldn't be recognized as blood unless you were to look very closely.
"CHB" she stuttered. Leo furrowed his eyebrows. "Camp halfblood" she continued and met his eyes. Leo almost choked on the air and his stomach made a surprised flip. "Wha- how... are-...I... uhhh... what?" He finally managed to get out. "You're a demigod" she suddenly gasped and her eyes grew big as teacups. So did Leo's but in his case it was not of awe. It was fear and shock. "I- I don't know what you are talking about" He answered nervously. The girl's eyes grew confused and she walked over to her mother and tapped her arm. When she did not react, the brunette reached into a big beige bag on the arm of the woman and pulled out a book. She handed it to Leo who quickly wiped his oily hands on his pants before accepting the book.
The dyslexia offered him a challenge but he managed to make out the title.
"Percy Jackson and the olympians, the lightning thief" Leo's frown deepened. He opened the book and caught sight of familiar names. "It's my favorite book series. I'm sorry for assuming that you were a demigod, it's just... You're wearing the camp shirt" she fiddled with her fingers and looked at her small feet. Realization struck Leo all at once. Someone had written books about Percy and Annabeth's adventures. So that's what Connor and Travis were going on about...

He made a quick decision and bent down so that he was the same height of the small girl.
"Okay alright, you caught me. I'm a demigod and I go to CHB. Right now I'm on a quest but this is all top secret so you can't tell anyone okay?" He smiled reassuringly and she looked up. Amazement filled her eyes and her entire face lit up with excitement. "Really!? WOW!" She exclaimed. Leo hushed her kindly and she blushed. "Sorry, I promise I won't tell!" She was beaming at him and his heart melted there and then. "Who is your godly parent?" She asked, mouth wide open. "Hephaestus" He answered. "Cooooool! Do you like have any powers!?" She was quite literally bouncing with excitement. "Umm.." Leo quickly glanced around in the store. No one else was there except for the family, himself, Piper and the cashier who now was beeping the things the family were buying in his little machine while the parents were arguing even louder. The little boy was still busy with the nerf gun and Piper was nowhere to be seen.
Leo held out his fist. Slowly, very slowly opened it. On his palm, a small, orange flame danced happily and was reflected in the blue eyes of the girl and the brown eyes of Leo. She gasped loudly and Leo instantly smothered the flame as the brother looked up at them with thin eyes. "Awesome!" She whispered once the boy returned to his toy.

At that moment Piper returned carrying a few products and the parents stopped arguing long enough for the mother to grab the little girl and pull her towards the doors leading out of the store.

At the exit she turned her head towards Leo and waved delightedly, her eyes still shining with amazement. He gave her his crooked smile and winked.
"What was that all about?" Piper wondered. He turned to her and smirked proudly. "Ah, just another member of the Leo Valdez fan club(A/N or should I say team Leo ;))"

And that's how a nine year old girl with a distant family met Mr Mcshizzle;)

•••

Sup guys :)

Please comment and feel free to give critique and requests <3
I wanna know what u think about this chapter since, well yk, since it's been like 2,5 years hehe