Mia meets high school pt. 1

"It's summer!" Mia yelled, happily entering Riley's room. There stood a quiet Maya and Riley looking awkward. "You guys found out." Mia said, looking at them. "And you knew about us both liking him and didn't tell us?" Maya asked. "Well I remember Maya said don't tell anyone and Riley said don't tell Maya." Mia ratted them out. "What good did that do?" Riley asked. "Now I know why I never had friends who were girls." Mia muttered. "Hey!" Maya and Riley yelled. "Whatever look. You guys are hurting your friendship over some guy." Mia said. "Your best friend slash brother is some guy?" Maya asked. 

"No you're right. He's my best friend slash brother. But to you guys he's just some guy." Mia said, sitting in between the girls. "All this is new to us. Don't think for a second any of us know what we're doing." Mia told them. "You and Farkle seem to have gotten it down." Maya commented. "No we haven't. We're learning together." Mia told them. "Why is it easier for you then us?" Riley asked confused. "Everyone is different. Everyone goes at a different pace in the same race. The race is life. But if you run too fast, you get out of breath. Go too slow and you get discouraged and start to slowly give up." Mia told them. "So go at your own pace."

"I couldn't have said it better myself." Cory said. He stood in the doorway. "Dad? You were listening?" Riley asked. "I don't have to listen to know what's going on in your lives." Cory told her. "I tell him." Mia admitted. "What why?" Riley asked. "He is my teacher and my uncle. One of the few adults I trust in this world. Plus Eric is a senator now. He listens to me, but Uncle Cory is here all the time." Mia stood up. She walked to Mr Matthews. "He cares about us. He listens to us. Mr Matthews has cared about me before I was family. And so when he asks.. I answer." Mia smiled. "You should give him more credit. Because he's been in our shoes." Mia said. 

"Thanks Mia." Cory gave her a side hug. "No problem. Uncle Cory." Mia grinned hugging back. "I'm heading out to meet with my dad and Uncle Jack. See you guys later." Mia waved bye. Cory left after her. "You still like him?" Riley asked. "Yeah. You?" Maya asked. "Yeah." Riley answered. 

At Topangas. "Uncle Jack!" Mia grinned excitedly, hugging him. "My favorite niece!" Jack said. "So far I'm your only niece." Mia told him. "Which makes you my favorite." He said. They sat down at a table where Eric was watching the encounter grinning. "So what's going on?" Mia asked. The two adults looked at her. "What do you mean little one?" Eric asked weirdly. "I'm not little anymore. I'm starting high school soon."  Mia told them. "Ah high school. I remember my years." Jack smirked. "Ah yeah me too. I remember making out with-" Eric trailed off. As him and Jack stopped smirking when they noticed Mia staring at them. She had a big smile on her face saying, 'please keep talking.' 

"Making out my first A in geometry because I hated Math." Eric lied. Jack patted him on the back and nodded. "Yeah...ok." Mia said wearily. "Well we're here because something happened that affects the three of us." Eric admitted. "What happened?" Mia asked. "My job requires me to travel the whole month of August." Eric told her. "You're gonna leave me?" Mia asked. "Not forever. I promise you that and I intend to keep it. Just for the month of August, Jack will be here to take care of you." Eric told her. "So you're not going to abandon me?" Mia asked. Eric shook his head. "You're gonna send me off to my first day of high school instead of you?" Mia asked, looking between them. 

Jack nodded his head yes. "I'm kinda bummed. But happy. It's not what I hoped for but I won't complain. It's your job. I understand." Mia said, looking down. "Hey we'll have some fun. Play games. I can give you advice. We can be great friends." Jack tried. "Yeah. It could be fun." Mia agreed her acting had gotten better. "You're right Uncle Jack." Mia looked at him. He smiled at her which she returned. "You sure you're ok with this?" Eric asked Mia. "Yeah. I'm sure." Mia reassured him. "Great. Now let's get food. I'm HUNGRY!" Eric yelled. Mia and Jack's shoulders raised at Eric's loud voice. The three of them ended with smiles on their faces as they enjoyed lunch.