Mia meets Texas again

After a few more months Mia finally convinced herself and friends she moved on from her parents and crush on Lucas. Currently Mia is talking with Zay, Lucas, and Farkle before history class starts. When a few minutes before the bell rang Riley and Maya walked in dramatically, grabbing everyone’s attention. “We have changed the life of somebody in this room!” Riley yelled. “Oh please not me.” Zay shut his eyes and whispered. Mia laughed at Zay. “I'm happy with my life the way it is. I got tall and my teeth came in nicely.” Farkle smiled, showing off his teeth. “Very handsome Farkle.” Mia said, walking over and putting an arm around his shoulders. Farkle looks like he might faint. “Did you change mine?” Mia asked looking at the girls.

“Yeah, we're not talking about you three.” Maya told them. “Oh no. What'd you do?” Lucas asked, standing up. “Oh Lucas, in your whole history, we know what has always been your biggest regret.” Riley admitted. “Baaaah…” Maya whispered. “Oh no. How did you guys find out?” Mia asked. “What's that, why would you do that?” He asked Riley and Maya. “BAAAAAH! You used to be a champion sheep rider at the mutton bustin' rodeo, until you fell off of Judy the sheep.” Maya said loudly.

“And then you gave up, but you never got over it.” Riley finished. “That is my deepest, darkest secret! No one knows I fell off Judy the sheep except…” He trailed off looking at Zay and Mia. “Don't look at me. I wouldn't tell them your secret.” Mia held her hands up. They both looked at Zay. “They, they made me Lucas! They, they made me!” He defended himself. By then Mia was cracking up laughing. “How did they make you?” Lucas asked Zay.

“I said, ‘Y'all wanna hear a great Lucas story?’ They said yes!” Zay admitted. That had Mia clutching her stomach. “They didn't make you.” She said in between breaths. “Okay it doesn't matter, I'm over it. I don't think about that day at all.” He lied, convincing himself more than the others.

[Lucas has a flashback to his sheep ride]

“I fell off that sheep so fast. No one likes me!” He put a hand over his mouth turning away. “Lucas, you can fix this! Get back on that sheep and be a sheep champion!” Riley cheered. “We have made that possible.” Maya added grinning. “How? How'd you make that possible?” He asked, starting to worry. “Show it to him.” Riley told Maya. The blonde took out a piece of paper. “RIDE, LUCAS! RIDE, BOY!” Riley yelled dramatically.

“We have entered you in…” Maya starts dramatically. “The Annual Mutton Busting Tournament!” Riley continued. “In Austin, Texas!” Maya added. In front of everybody you know!” Riley finishes. “YAY!” The two girls cheered. “You can't enter me in Mutton Busters, you can't be over 8 years old or over 55 pounds.” Lucas told them. “You are wrong, young Lucas. We entered you last week and your application's been accepted.” Maya told him.

“Congratulations, Lucas Friar. You are an official entry in this year's Austin Roundup Rodeo! You will be riding Tombstone the sheep.” Riley read off the paper. That made Mia stop laughing. “What? Tombstone?” Zay asked, looking at Lucas. “Oh, woah, that's the end of you.” He commented. Mia smacked Zay on the back of his head. “Why is it the end of him?” Maya asked

“What's the difference between riding Judy the sheep and Tombstone the sheep?” Riley asked, slowly losing her smile. “Read it again.” Lucas told the two. “Blah blah blah, over the age and weight limit for Mutton Busters, blah, you will be placed in the adult rodeo where you will, blah, ride Tombstone the sheep.” Maya read. “OOH! You only got ONE WORD wrong!” Lucas half yelled. “Let's see if they find that one word!” Zay added. “That one word makes all the difference.” Mia finished. “Blah blah blah blabady blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blady blah... OH BULL!” Maya smiled pointing at the word.

“Ah, she found it.” Zay grins. “How do you not see the difference between bull and sheep?” Mia asked. “You signed me up to ride Tombstone the BULL!” Lucas yelled ignoring Mia. “Are you excited?” Riley asked, smiling. Mia smacked her own forehead and shook her head. “What's the difference between riding a sheep and riding a bull?” Maya asked. “Death! Death is the difference!” Lucas yelled.