Mia meets wirlwind

"It's spirit week at school and I need a flapper costume. Our dress up day today is Halloween." Mia told Eric. "Here's twenty bucks." Eric said, looking at his phone. "Thanks. See you later." Mia walked out the front door. Today is Thursday the day before Friday. Their middle school is hosting a Halloween fest tomorrow night. It's a very serious spirit week competition at John Quincy Adams middle school. Mia headed out with Maya and Riley to buy flapper costumes. Mia got a red dress. Maya got blue. Riley got purple. Mia decided against the wig because she hates wigs. 

After school the next day.We look cute!" Riley cheered. "I can't believe we handled wearing this dress all day." Mia admitted tugging the dress down. "Ladies." Farkle said, opening the window. "Farkle." The girls greeted. "I just wanted to make sure we're still hanging out later. At the festival?" Farkle asked Mia. "Yeah I'll text you when I arrive." Mia told him. "You and Farkle huh?" Maya asked. "You and Lucas huh?" Mia retorted. Riley's face turned shocked. "What happened between you and Lucas that I don't know about?" Riley asked. "Nothing! Mia is just messing around." Maya shrugged it off. 

"Why are we flappers again?" Maya asked. "Well I was doing our assignment based on the 20s when flapper girls were being explained. I liked the idea and voila." Riley grinned. "I'll wear the hat, but not the wig." Mia told her. "I know." Riley smiled. "Come on we should get going." Maya said. "Remember we can't stay out too late. We have the charity masquerade ball that Farkle and his family are doing for orphans in California tomorrow night." Riley reminded them. 

Maya groaned about wearing a dress and mask but Mia was slightly excited. At the festival she texted Farkle. "He left me on read." Mia told Riley and Maya after five minutes. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. He always has a good excuse." Maya defended him. The girls nodded in agreement. "Let's go walk around." Riley said excitedly. "Lucas and Zay are here. They said meet them by the face painting tent." Mia said. "Oh that's over there!" Riley pointed. The girls linked arms and headed over. 

That night was boring. Most of the things to do were meant for younger kids to waste their parent's money. "You ladies, looking forward to the ball tomorrow?" Zay asked them. Maya shook her head no. Riley nodded her head yes excitedly. Mia gave a ish sign with her hands. "Lucas can I talk to you for a minute?" Mia asked. "Sure?" He asked. The two walked away leaving a confused trio by the churro stand. "You were staring at Maya." Mia accused. "No I wasn't." Lucas lied. "You really think I don't know when you lie?" Mia asked, folding her arms across her chest. 

"Why do you care?" Lucas asked. "Because I know you're confused. But I'm not. I know who you're gonna pick in the end. And once you do that's the end of our group because it'll end in a fight." Mia told him. "How do you know? When I don't even know?" Lucas asked. "I know you better than you know yourself." Mia told him. "Can you do us all a favor and tell me what to do?" Lucas asked. "No. You do everyone a favor and follow your heart." Mia said then walked back to their friends. "Have you guys seen Farkle yet? It's over twenty minutes now. He normally answers within the minute." Mia asked. Everyone shrugged. Mia sighed but smiled as she had fun talking to her friends. 

The next day. "Happy Birthday Mia!" Everyone yelled happily. Everyone but Farkle was at her celebration. In a few hours they all had to get ready for the charity masquerade ball. "This is amazing. Thank you all." Mia said, hugging everyone. Uncle Shawn and Uncle Jack even came for a few hours. "Ok now it's time to get ready. And you girls promised I can do your hair." Riley grinned. Maya and Mia faked a groan and everyone laughed as Riley dragged the girls to Mia's room. Riley and Maya spent the night after the festival so they can get ready after Mia's birthday. "Farkle texted yet?" Riley asked, straightening Mia's hair. "Nope." Mia answered sadly. "This is weird." Maya admitted. "He hasn't been answering any of us either." Riley said.