17

• • •

I pace around out of nervousness, I just told Hania and Safa what happened and I've never seen them so excited.

"He did what?!" They both shout in unison at me.

I stop pacing around, as I sit opposite to them. To be fair, I'm surprised myself for allowing it to happen. I bet that I've placed a place in Hell for myself.

"You guys should totally hit it off. I knew it from the start!" Safa excitedly mentions as she giggles.

The doorbell goes off, scaring the hell out of the three of us. I look at the door, thinking exactly who it could be.

"I know who's at the door." Hania smirks, getting off from her seat as she confidently walks over to the door, opening it up to a very happy Daniel.

"Hey Hania, is Inaya—"

"Your darling is right here!" Hania practically shouts happily as she drags my arm out of the dorm.

I gulp out of nervousness, mentally making a note to slap Hania when I come back to the dorm.

"Have fun, lovebirds!" She shouts at us, as we start to walk away from the dorm.

I roll my eyes, smiling.

"Hey." Daniel starts the conversation threatening my train of thought.

"Hi." I almost whisper, tugging on my sleeve slightly.

Since when the hell do I go nervous around Daniel Malik?

He moves closer to me, as we sit down on a bench together. He interlocks his hand with mine, making my cheeks heat up.

"Wanna hear some cheesy pick-up lines?" He asks me, wanting me to practically say yes.

"What!" I look at him, perplexed. "Daniel Malik, there is no way I'm going to listen to your silly pick-up lines. And you know it!" I threaten him, to which he laughs.

That laugh lights up my entire world.

"Okay, so here's the first one." He warns me, as he turns towards me.

"Daniel, I swear if you give me one of your stupid pick-up lines. I am totally going to call Atif to give you advic-"

Instead, he leaves a lingering kiss on my cheek making my heart tug at my chest, practically going to fall out at any moment.

A grin is placed on his lips making me giggle. "What was that for?" I place my hand at my cheek, to which he kissed.

He tilts his head at me, "Am I not allowed to do that?" He laughs.

I straighten up my posture, shaking my head at him. "It's wrong and you know it."

He looks even more baffled at this point, I raise my eyebrows at him, hoping he is joking and knows what I am talking about.

Clearly he doesn't.

"I don't understand." He says.

Shuffling a few spaces away from him, my hand is still intertwined with his as I feel his warmth radiate through my body.

"In Islam, it's wrong to do this. I don't even know what we are." I tell him how I feel towards us as I point between him and I.

I don't even know what 'us' is?

Another question daunts my mind, he must be Muslim. He has to be. His name is a Muslim one, but then again there are many things he does which doesn't show any Islam in him. Then again, who am I to judge?

Still, I refuse to believe that he has no idea what I'm on about.

"Are you Muslim?" I question out of hope.

He turns away from me, facing forward as he sighs deeply. "I knew you would ask eventually." He doesn't sound like the Daniel he did a couple of minutes ago.

My heart drops immediately, I already know the answer.

"No." We both say at the same time but with different tones.

He holds onto my chin, tilting it up to him. "Are you religious?" He pauses, genuinely waiting for an answer.

I swear to God at this point, I feel like smacking this boy. Can he not tell by my hijab or the fact I just said that Islam would not accept our type of-

"Because you're the answer to all my prayers." He winks by the end of it, proud of his pick-up line.

I take my phone out, ready to call Atif to come and give this boy some advice because literally he's driving me insane.

"Hey, I'm sorry!" He begs like a little kid who wants a new toy.

I look up at him, putting my phone away. "That pick-up line was cheeessy!" I pretend to throw up, as a sign to what he just said to me.

He's shocked, "It always works on the ladies." He mumbles to himself but doesn't realise I've heard him.

I stand up, kind of annoyed but also wanting to see his reaction. "So you've used that specific pick-up line on other girls?"

Straight away, he stands up. "Inaya, I haven't-"

I cut him off, "Thank you for reminding me of where I am in your life." I turn on my heel starting to walk away trying to hold in my fits of giggles.

"Inaya, I swear I haven't used that pick-up line on anyone but you!" He pauses, "Mostly because of them not being religious." He mumbles underneath his breath.

He's totally not making this situation any better.

He runs after me, his legs bigger than mine as well as making longer strides towards me, he finally stops me.

"I'm sorry, Inaya." He pauses, looking down at me. The literal fits of giggles are wanting to burst out.

I'm trying to hold in my laughs but I don't think I can any longer.

And that's when I let out my fits of giggles, his face full of concern has taken a swift turn into a smirk.

He takes a step closer to me, but all I'm doing is laughing. Suddenly, I notice that we're really close as I feel my heartbeat starting to louden dangerously.

"Cat got your tongue?" He whispers, as a smirk is placed on his lips.

- - -

- A/N -

They're adorable! 🥺

Alsooo, I changed the cover of this story! I felt as though it needed a change, so there you go! 🦋

Next update : Tuesday 19th May 2020