chapter 7

IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAYYYYY

Percy's P.O.V.

The next day at lunch, as weird as it was, Annabeth sat at our table. She acted like she had known us for all of our lives. Like if we had been best friends forever.

Now, I'm not complaining, but we were getting really weird looks. Why was one of the most popular girls in school eating lunch with losers? Why was she laughing? Was she having fun?

Her friend Drew was giving her dirty looks, and it looked like she was on the edge of disowning her.

We were having fun though. Leo was making jokes, like usual. Grover was eating his ass off, like usual.

We were laughing and laughing and we were practically on the verge of tears.

Annabeth was really different than I thought she was. She was actually, believe it or not, very smart, even though she missed half of her classes. She had never dated before. She was absolutely hilarious. She was exceptionally sarcastic. She was all the things in one.

"Wait, but then why are you always late to class?" Grover asked, after talking about how much Annabeth actually likes school.

She looked at me. I knew that look. I saw it every morning when I woke up; fear. I understood the message she was trying to deliver; I don't want to answer this. And I nodded because I knew exactly what the answer was and why she didn't want to share it.

"You know," I said, trying to change the subject, "Leo never told us about that date he scored with that Calypso girl..."

Leo smiled and his face became a deep red.

"Wait," Annabeth said. "You got a date with Calypso? How?"

"Okay," Leo started, "first off, ouch, that was harsh. And second..." He showed her his nails and she started cracking up.

"You're joking right?"

"Nope," he said, smiling. "Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure she actually wanted to go out with me, but she had to use some sort of excuse so that it didn't seem like she was into me for real." He took a pause, then gestured to his body. "I mean... who could resist this?"

We chuckled. knowing that half the school could resist, but we kept our mouths shut.

"What in the world gave you the idea that she was actually into you?" Grover asked.

"She made me promise not to tell, but since you guys are averagely cool, I'll tell you."

We all stared at him, waiting for an answer.

Leo cleared his throat. "We're going on another date," he whispered.

Right then and there, I've would've begun fangirling and squealing, but being the sophisticated guy I was, I decided not to. Or maybe I didn't because I wanted to look immature in front of- Nah, that was crazy. Why would I try to make myself look good in front of her?

"Ooh," Annabeth said. "Do you know how hard it is to score a second date with that girl?"

Leo smirked. "She just couldn't resist my charm."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Clearly."

That's when Drew came up to us. "Annabeth, sweetie, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Annabeth's smile turned into a neutral face, or in her case, and RBF. She obviously didn't want to deal with Drew right now.

"Sure, what is it?" Annabeth said, attempting at a fake smile, but failing miserably.

"I mean, can I talk to you in private?" Drew said between clenched teeth, eyeing us.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure, whatever."

She got out of her seat and followed Drew out of the cafeteria, giving me a look that said, please follow us.

So as she left, I slowly got up and followed them from a few meters behind...

imma introduce piper in the next chapter