chapter 1

Percy's P.O.V.

"Watch it, nerd," a girl said as I accidentally bumped into her.

I walked to my geography class and took my seat in the back row. The seat next to me was empty, like usual.

Even after the class started; the person wasn't there. But what could I expect? Annabeth was always late for class. She was probably in the halls making out with some guy, like the slut that she was.

I was usually glad when she never showed up to class at all. She was always annoying and always made fun of me.

Unluckily for me, today, however, she does show up for class. Even though she's ten minutes late.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Amanda," she said sweetly, "a teacher in the other class needed my help." Another lie to keep herself out of trouble.

"Okay," Mrs. Amanda said. "But next time, make sure to tell them to contact me so that I know you'll be late, okay?"

Annabeth nodded and took her seat beside me.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" I asked Annabeth.

She gave me a sweet little smile and said, "Too bad you're such a goody-two-shoes. You could learn a lot from me."

I rolled my eyes. Typical. The rest of the course was as interesting as ever. We learned about the Galápagos Islands. This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

My next class was science, where we used our microscopes to observe pig blood.

The lunch bell rang.

I met my only two friends at the cafeteria. "Hey man," I said, spotting one of them.

"Hey, Percy," Grover said. "Have you seen Leo? I can't find him anywhere."

"I haven't seen him. But knowing Leo, he's probably trying to hit on some girls that are way out of his league."

Grover chuckled and nodded. We began eating lunch, when finally, and I mean FINALLY Leo takes a seat with us.

"Dude, where have you been?" I said, rearranging my glasses on my nose. My friends say they make me look like Harry Potter.

"I, my friends, have been exploring the wonderful world of girlism," Leo said, proudly.

I rolled my eyes. "Girlism isn't a word, dumbass."

Grover turned to Leo. "Whatever, Percy. Leo, what the hell does that mean?"

Leo showed us his nails.

"You did not!" I yelled. Leo's nails were painted hot pink.

"Yes. I. Did."

"Dude," Grover said. "Why? WHY? You know that use animals to make nail polish, right?"

Leo rolled his eyes. "Guess what I got in exchange for wearing this for three days?"

"What?" I obliged.

"I'm getting to go on a date with that girl, Calypso, that I've been trying to get forever."

"Great job, dude!" Grover said.

"Yeah," I lied. The truth was; I hated when Leo got dates. Or attention from girls, for that matter. Grover and I... well, let's just say that we've always been neglected by everyone. Leo... he's another story. Everyone likes him because he's funny and not as much of a goody-two-shoes as his two best friends. Sure, I was happy for Leo, but I was just jealous, that's all.

Once lunch was over, the rest of the day was both interesting and depressing. Meaning I had P.E, history, English and art. I let you figure out which is which.

Finally, at the end of the day, the bell rang. Before exiting history, I asked my teacher a few questions, which he was glad to answer.

On my way to my locker, I passed by the girl's bathroom and could swear I heard crying.

"Is there anyone in there?" I asked.

"Go away." I knew that voice. I just couldn't place who it belonged to.

The girl sniffled. "Are you okay?" I asked, worried. "If you need to talk I'm right here."

"Just leave." I left.

oKiE dOkiE. this one was hard for me to write because i don't know what it's like to be a nerd. a book worm and a geek, yes, but never a nerd.