The Institution episode 3

Start from the beginning

"Thanks" she smiled leaving.
Mrs Momoh's phone rang and she picked up a call.

"Are you coming?" The caller asked and she shook her head.
"No. You know i can't, Ivie just got back"

"You haven't told her have you?" The caller asked and she shook her head.
"And I'm not planning on. Good day" she hung up and she sighed.

***

Ivie stepped out of the gate only to have a reporter with her camera crew swarm all over her. "My name is Rita Anderson and I'm a reporter for DTV broadcasting company and I have a few questions I want to ask you"

"I guess have one question for you too. If you answer it, I promise that I'll answer your question too"

"That's only fair"

"How did you find out I was back?"
"News spreads like wild fire around here"

"Well, for it to spread, there has to be a source. Who's your source?" She asked and Rita shook her head.
"I refuse to divulge my source"

"I guess we have no deal again" she walked away and they kept on following her.

"Miss Momoh, you're supposed to spend ten years imprisonment what happened that"

Ivie turned towards the camera angrily. "If you guys dare follow me, I swear on my career as a journalist, I'll sue your company and I'll ruin you and make sure you lose your job and make sure you do not get employed again by any broadcasting company." She threatened and Rita ordered her camera crew to stand back.

Ivie walked away angrily.

"Aren't we supposed to get her to talk to us?" Dickson the camera man, asked and Rita raised her finger.
"We have orders, don't push"

Ivie stood in front of Stanbic IBTC bank, she took a deep sigh just before entering into it.

"Good morning Ma" the security men said to her she was grateful that she didn't have to wait in queue to get in.
He pressed the button and the door open and she walked in.

The number of customers in the bank made her rethink on coming back some other time but she either way decided to stay back.

A lady stood up from a chair so she quickly took the opportunity to sit on the vacant seat in between two men.
The other was old and mature and the other one was younger and we wore a dark shade. Ivie almost rolled her eyes. Wearing shades where there isn't sun, she hissed within, Is it like a trend?

"Good morning Sir" she greeted the aged man, Dr. Ola, "And good morning to you" she finally greeted the other guy with shades, Liam Oscar and they both answered.
Then she tapped her lap impatiently.
"Does this queue take this long?" She asked and Liam scoffed.

"Impatient much? You've barely sat for a minute"

"Seriously?" She asked, "I mean I thought with years rolled by everything would have gotten better. What's this country turning into?"
"You sound like you've been inside a box for too long" Dr. Ola answered and she searched for words to say but she had nothing.

"Well one can say I've been a box. How long does it take a country to develop?"

"If you're talking about a country like Singapore, they're getting to the stage of over development but if you're talking about Nigeria, ah! Till infinity" he answered.

Ivie could denote he was a Yoruba man.

"I'll be 56 next month and I stand uncorrected and unapologetic when I say, since I was born and now that I've gotten old, I have never seen a country like Nigeria"