p a t i e n t

'Breaking News, just now at exactly 8 PM, the worldwide known writer Keith Lien got into a car accident. Right now he is being rushed over to the nearest hospital, while the police are still investigating the cause of the accident.'

So he's THE Keith Lien, you thought to yourself as you watch several doctors and nurses rushing to the emergency room with his very injured body. He is quite the famous writer who creates fantasy worlds and heartwrenching romances that girls like. You've heard his name quite a few times despite not being interested in books and novels. Your friend who is a huge bookworm idolized this man as if he was a god sent, always attending his signing events, keeping up with his schedules. 

You are sure that in ten minutes she will call your phone and cry, asking for updates on his condition. 

You are working as a nurse in a rather prestigious hospital in the central city. Due to your work, you've seen quite a lot of famous names ranging from political ones to artists. Some were... quite shocking to see and talk to. But you kept your professionalism and attended to them the way they want to. 

After a few hours of silence, the doctors and nurses finally come out with relief expressed all over their faces. But something was definitely not right, especially after seeing the looks in his relative's face. 

You see your friend come out of the room with a rather sullen look heading right towards you. She plops down to a seat right next to you and you gave her a cup of water to help her relax after a long surgery. 

"Success?"

"Kinda. We managed to close off any wounds and thankfully there weren't any life-dangering ones. But his eyes are another case. He's temporarily blind for the next few months and will have to keep staying here in the hospital until he is fully recovered."

You let out a sigh. Being temporarily blind is truly scary, especially for someone like him who is a writer and needs to see what he is writing. You remember your friend told you that he is currently writing a new series. You feel even more sorry for him to have to stop doing what he loves for a few months.

"Hello there Mr. Lien, I'll be taking care of you for the next few months. If you need anything, please feel free to call me or press the button right beside your left hand."

You were appointed to become his nurse after him kicking a few nurses away because of their lack of professionalism. They used the chance to secretly take photos of him, leaking information regarding his new series and a bunch of other things you didn't want to know.

While introducing yourself, you took the time to personally analyze him. He has rather long silver hair, reaching down to his back. He has his eyes covered with a few layers of bandages, you tried to take a guess on what his eye color is. Is it blue or green? Maybe even brown? You feel like blue fits him better but green adds to his mysteriousness. 

"Please take care of me seriously and don't repeat their mistakes."

This is your first time hearing his voice and surprisingly, it suited him well. Hell, it complimented his looks! Now you understand why people are dying over this man. Though for you, he is just another patient that needs to be taken care of. Nothing more nothing less.

"Yes Sir."

The next few days are quite the hellish experience. 

Because of his distrust towards nurses, he kept giving you a hard time. Asking for the impossible, making you walk long distances for something that he will throw away later anyway, mocking you. But you kept quiet since you know his previous experiences with nurses. You just hoped that by now he would trust you enough to take care of him properly.