s u g a r d a d d y

"They want us to study hard to build a better future but then proceed to increase the tuition fee because rich people need more money from poor people. Government is a joke. A whole fcking circus."

You pressed the post button and closed the app before throwing your phone to your bed. 

You don't know what to feel anymore. Sad? Anger? Jealous? 

Who would've thought that the girl who would get straight A's in class and even got a recommendation letter from her teacher manages to not get into any university. Everything you built those years back now felt like a joke. 

Your family was so-so. Not rich but not too poor either. Seeing how your parents work so hard to make a living for your family, the little you were determined to get scholarships and get a high-paying job so your family could take a rest. You studied day and night, everywhere you go there would be a book in your hand. And your effort paid off. At least until you run into that incident.

After graduation, you applied for scholarships at several universities. On the way toward the test location, you somehow almost got run over by a car. You apologized several times to the owner but lucky you, the woman was hell-bent on making you pay for "wasting her time". She screamed at you for several minutes, throwing insults after insults toward you. She made fun of your status, your appearance, your everything. 

And even after all that, she still couldn't forgive you. You were sure you did extremely well with the test, but they emailed you saying you didn't pass. Many of the other universities followed suit. It was too weird to be a coincidence. You prepared so well for the tests and you answered all of the questions with certainty! How could none of them pass?

It was then that you remembered the accident with the woman. You googled her name and look and behold, she is the wife of the minister of education. You couldn't believe it, no, you didn't want to believe it. Was it because of yesterday's event? But you apologized! It was an innocent mistake! How could she use her authority like that?

You couldn't just let it at that. You refused to accept the fact that your future was blocked by a woman like her. 

What is more effective than the public's sentiment? 

Numerous attempts were made at trying to make people notice your story. You wrote your story at Tweetter, Mouthbook, and other social platforms to try to gain attraction from people. But none of it worked. The woman was so good at covering her nasty face that no one believed your story. They thought you were just trying to slander her for money and clicks. 

You even tried to write an email at the minister himself but he either didn't read it or he ignored your pleas. 

And now we're back to the present time. 

The scholarship program has probably already closed the entries. One other way was to pay with money but where would you get that much money from? 

You put both of your hands on top of your eyes to prevent the tears from flowing down. What will you tell your family? You didn't want to see their sad expressions. If they knew, you were sure they were definitely going to borrow money from the bank just for you. But how could you do that to them?

Your family is barely passing through each day. Going one day without worrying about what to eat tomorrow was already a miracle for you! You clenched your hands together to prevent the ongoing tears in your eyes from flowing any further. All it took was one small mistake, no, it wasn't even your fault! Hell, YOU were the victim! 

How you wanted to just yell and curse the old lady so much right now. It hurts so much... 

The rest of the day was spent with you laying down on the bed not doing anything. As much as you want to do something, you just don't have the energy for it, mentally and physically.