f r i e n d

If anyone were to describe the relationship between the two of you, they would say you're his mother.

You and Yuki have been friends for god knows how long. Since both of your parents are good friends, you were always together with him. His parents were always either out of town or too busy at work so your parents decided to let him live in their house. His parents were grateful to them of course. He was wary of you at first, glaring daggers at you every time you try to approach him. But as time pass, he began to warm around you and only you. 

It surprised you to see the true personality that he has been hiding from other people. He actually has a much more cheery happy-go-lucky persona. He likes to play around but because of his weak body, he would frequently spend his days on his bed. Once, you were playing with him on the swings. Yuki kept on telling you to push harder and at first, you refused. But after his constant nagging, you eventually gave in. You pushed the swing using all of your strength and the swing flew so high, but Yuki didn't grip the chains hard enough. He fell down and broke his arm, causing him to cry so hard at the pain. 

Your parents quickly carried him to their car and rushed to the nearest hospital, which fortunately wasn't too far away. On the way there, you could hear Yuki's whimpering and cries. You felt guilt slowly eating you alive. Your carelessness resulted in him getting hurt. Since then, you give in to everything he ever wanted, you spoiled him. 

Because of your tendencies to spoil him so much, he has since grown to be a spoiled boy who can't do anything alone. He can't even button his own shirt! You regretted spoiling him rotten but what can you do now. 

Maybe teach him to be independent?

I've tried doing that, didn't go well.

Today is the first day of high school and you're entering together with him. You know that high school is gonna be tough and you worry whether he can survive high school or not. He was okay in middle school, thanks to you of course. But now, you have your own things to do and cannot be by his side twenty-four seven. Taking care of Yuki took so much of your time that you never actually thought of doing anything for yourself. Every single second had been given to him and now you wanted to change. For once, you wanted to do something for yourself. You want to find love, to find your dream.

"Yuki, wake up! We're gonna be late for our first day!"

"Let me sleep some more, mom..."

"Come onnn... I don't want to be late for my first day!" You shook his body harshly even though your tiny arms didn't do much. Yuki suddenly turns around to face you and grabs your waist, pulling you towards his chest. You weren't ready for the sudden attack and fell on him. He hugs your waist tightly while mumbling "Stay still."

You couldn't help but blush at his childish antics. But seriously, you two are going to be late to school if he doesn't wake up now. "Yuki! Please wake up!" You wriggle through his arms. He sighed and let go of your slim figure before waking up. 

Yuki really is pretty, you thought. His skin is so fair and white, his long and thick eyelashes framed his aquamarine eyes, his slim figure makes him look more feminine than masculine. You're not ashamed to admit that he is prettier than you in every aspect. In middle school, he was so popular with boys. Every day there would always be at least five boys confessing to him. He never accepted any of the boys though. Girls all fall for his cute behaviors. Sometimes they would give him cookies they made at culinary arts.

You, though, were a normal girl with normal grades and normal life. You were never confessed by any boys. Sure, you had crushes but they just fade away at some point. You were so busy taking care of Yuki that you barely do anything for yourself.