1

Dear Lux,

It's Me Ahsoka, it's been a week since the battle of Onderon. A week since Steela died... I know you said it wasn't my fault, but I still hear her screams every night. Some whispers said I did it on purpose and I would never. I knew how much you cared for her. She was such a great leader, even the Jedi talked highly of her. Her life had gone too soon, and I wish I could've done more.

I'm glad your planet is free, and as you as their senator, I know if they'll thrive. I heard you've joined the Republic!  I couldn't be happier, maybe I'll see you at one of the debates with Padame and Master Aniken. The politics of this war used to confuse me, but now I understand... but I don't know if that's a good thing.

Remember that time you almost joined death watch. When you kissed me it was my first kiss, I just never told you then. Even understand that circumstance still meant a lot to me, and I will never forget it. But honestly, you're so stupid for trying to join deathwatch, but I've always like that about you. You're always so optimistic, so persistent, even though you left me and went into an escape pod. Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like if you stayed, came back to the republic with me. None the fewer thoughts won't change what happened or is happening. I wonder if you ever think about it too.

What if this War never happened? Do you think we would've met? The galaxy would have been so much better if we weren't at war, but is the war worth it if it means we met? If you could've stopped the war from ever happening, at the cost of ever meeting what would you choose? I'm just trying to make sense of this war. What I'm truly fighting for.

Sad to say I will never send this letter, attachment is forbidden for Jedi; but writing this, I don't know gives me peace of mind. Maybe I'll write another you'll never see.

With best wishes,
Ahsoka Tano