Good Tidings

Beginne am Anfang

"Or else you don't get to kiss me." He says. I roll my eyes. "Conceited much? What makes you think I want to kiss you?" I ask with a defiant grin. "I just know." He says with a shrug. Oh I so wanted to kiss him. More than ever. I mean this man looked like a literal God above me. As if he read my mind, he leaned down for a quick kiss. 

However, when he quickly pulled away, I pouted like Winter does when Parker says that she can't have ice cream before dinner. Ambrose laughs at this and caves. His lips are on mine and he releases my arms so that he can roll us over. I'm now on top of him, my hands weaving through his hair. 

Every single kiss with this man seems to get better and better. I don't know how and don't ask my why. But Praise Satan this boy is everything that I have ever dreamed of. I'm basically straddling him at this point when someone clears their throat. 

"Brother Ambrose. Miss Hale." Father Blackwood says, clearly unfazed by what he sees. Really? Right now? Who the heaven let this asshole in.... AT THIS MOMENT. Ambrose gently pushed me off and I try to cover my face with a blanket so Father Blackwood doesn't see how mortified I am.

"Father Blackwood." Ambrose says while rising to shake his hand. "I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time." He tells Ambrose. Ambrose looks over to me and then looks back at Father Blackwood. 

"Of course. Shall we go to the parlor?" Father Blackwood nods at this and the two men leave. Ambrose gives me a small smile before closing his door. Did that really just fucking happen. It would be one thing to be walked in on by Sabrina or my friends.... but the High Priest of my coven. Are you kidding me? At least we weren't in a more compromising state. 

I use this opportunity to run down to my room and change. If Father Blackwood sees me again, it won't be in one of Ambrose's shirts. I find an outfit, quickly brush out my hair, and then run back to Ambrose's room to await his return.

 I find an outfit, quickly brush out my hair, and then run back to Ambrose's room to await his return

I found myself exploring his room, finding drawings and some of his own poetry. They boy was talented. If we wasn't locked up in here, I'm sure he could be making millions as a writer. I'm flipping through pages of his  poetry when he comes running up the stairs and into the room. He is clearly out of breath.

"Ambrose?" I ask. In one quick movement, he rushes over to me and picks me up. He spins me around before putting me back on the ground. "What the heaven has gotten into you?" I ask with a smile on my face. Never in my life has this boy been this excited about anything.

"I'm free Freya." He says. I stand there in shock. "You're what?" I ask in disbelief. "I'm free. Well partly." He says with the biggest smile. "Oh Ambrose!" I cheer as I jump onto him. I wrap my legs around his waist and he places his arms under my butt to support me. He spins us around in a circle again and I give him a deep kiss. When I pull back, he let's me down.

"Tell me everything." I say as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I told Father Blackwood that I couldn't give up my co-conspirators. He said that he was pleased to hear it. Said that it showed loyalty. He said that I can be free if I work at the Academy." He explains. 

"Oh Ambrose that's amazing. I'm so proud of you." I say. "Come with me." I say taking his hand and dragging him down the stairs. He catches onto where I'm going and he starts laughing with joy. I throw open the front door and we run to the edge of the property. He stops at the line and I take a few steps out into the surrounding property.

"Are you ready?" I ask holding out my hand. He grins and grabs my hand, crossing the line that he couldn't cross for the last 75 years. He looks around and I can see the tears start to form in his eyes.

"I'm free. I can explore the world. Oh it's so beautiful. Freya, you're so beautiful." He mumbles as I interlock our fingers. I can only smile and laugh at his reaction. It's almost as if he's seeing the world for the first time. He pulls me close to him and pulls my chin up so that I'm looking him in the eyes.

"Only one thing can make this better." He said. "And what's that?" I ask. "Freya Hale, will you please be mine? Officially." He asks. "Ambrose... are you asking-" "Asking you to be my girlfriend? My partner? The love of my life? You sure fucking bet I am." He says. 

My heart is racing a mile a minute. I can't get my brain to say words so I just jump on him. Only he isn't ready for me to jump so we go crashing to the ground. I land on top of him but waste no time. We both lean in and it's the most magical thing that has ever happened to me. Remember when I said each kiss gets better and better? I wasn't joking. 

"Is that a yes?" He asks when he pulls away for air. "Of course it is!" I basically yell. He laughs and leans in for another kiss. 

Little did I know that back at the Spellman house, Sabrina and the Aunties stood on the porch watching us. Not in a weird way, but in a loving way. All they ever wanted was for Ambrose to be happy. They just stood there with smiles on their faces and warmth in their heart. They knew that he would be happy with me. 

And I couldn't be happier with him.