Chapter 14

Lin Xia saw Xiao Zhan flipping the books very fast just like her. She didn't say anything because she had the feeling that Xiao Zhan was like her, who has photographic memory.

Xiao Zhan was so absorb in the books that he wasn't even hungry at all. He found those book super interesting, the books explain everything clearly, he was intrigued by it. He didn't even realized how the time flied so fast.

It was already late, the sun had gone down. Lin Xia asked Xiao Zhan to go back home and sleep. Xiao Zhan was too interested in the books so he told her that he wanted to stay here and read. Lin Xia sigh and just went back home.

Xiao Zhan was absorbed in reading, he had already read 1/6 of the books in one day period, and he even managed to memorize all the content.

"Zhan Zhan! Here you have to eat the food that I cooked for you! You haven't eaten anything else today except for breakfast. So here open your mouth!"said Lin Xia

Xiao Zhan felt blessed to have someone care for him, he felt shy but he opened his mouth.

Lin Xia blew the spoon and then fed the food to Xiao Zhan.

The atmosphere was harmonious.

Lin Xia took out a sleeping mattresses, pillow and blanket, then she ordered Xiao Zhan to sleep.

Xiao Zhan reluctantly went to sleep. Lin Xia told another bedtime story, this time it was about little red riding hood. Then she kissed Xiao Zhan again in his cheek and together they fell asleep.

When Xiao Zhan woke up in the morning, he was feeling ashamed again. He was not facing Lin Xia, but was behind her and was hugging her like a pillow.

It seems like his bad habit can't be changed.

Lin Xia felt too annoying to go up and down so she build a kitchen and bathroom underground.

She told Xiao Zhan to freshen up, and she made the breakfast.

While Xiao Zhan was reading, Lin Xia was cultivating.

They were both in their own world.

Only during breakfast, lunchtime and dinner would they actually rest.

In a blink of an eye, one week had past. Xiao Zhan remembered all the contents in the books.

"Xiao Zhan, I just realized that studying medicine would not be enough, so from today onwards, I have made this schedule for you."said Lin Xia

Xiao Zhan looked at the schedule and didn't complain.

Lin Xia made Xiao Zhan do running in the morning and made him practice using weapons in the afternoon, and at the evening he will practice medicine.

This went on for one year.

Lin Xia and Xiao Zhan is currently 8 years old.

Xiao Zhan has now began to grow as tall as Lin Xia. He has now reached her ear.

"Lin Xia do you know how old is Xiao Zhan?"asked her Master

"He is 6 years old."replied Lin Xia

Xiao Zhan was speechless, I am not 6 years old. I might be even older than you. I might be shorter than you now, but I will definitely grow taller than you one day.

"Master, I am not 6 years old! I am 8 years old!"said Xiao Zhan with a grievance look on his face

Lin Xia was shocked, Zhan Zhan was actually my age, could it be possible that he wasn't tall, because he was malnourished. That means that I had always treated him like a baby, well who cares? I am still older than him(mentally).

Xiao Zhan could now understand why Lin Xia was treating him like that, he felt annoyed, he didn't know why but his pride and ego suffered a huge blow.

She had never looked at him as her age, she never felt threaten by him. He had mixed feelings about it, he should be older(mentally) than her, yet she acts like a parent to him.

He felt even more annoyed! Don't look or treat me like a kid.

"Master how old are you this year?"asked Xiao Zhan

"8 years old"replied Lin Xia

He found this so annoying, why the hell is he so short? Why can't he be taller than her? It's making him become more conscious about his manly image, that is if he had one to begin with, after all Lin Xia has seen his worse sides.

It was starting from this day that Xiao Zhan will start to figure out his true feelings for Lin Xia, well it will take time to get there, but this was the first step.