03 - How To Deal With The Host Club

"If first, you don't succeed... You should consider your options carefully."

"Welcome," I smiled to the customer across from me. I smiled politely, ushering him to an empty couch that sat to the right of music room three. 

I observed his stance; it was an awkward position as if he was trying to hide a nervous habit. Judging by his fingernails, he was a nervous nail biter.

My hands were firmly placed against my lap, as I kept my back straight. I had learned this by have an instructor make me sit with a ruler to my back when I sat down. It was uncomfortable, but it worked, making my Father pleased.

And when my Father is happy, I'm happy.

Socialization was a skill I was trained to have as a future heir to the Kage Group, but it still didn't beat the fact that I was in a Host club. I found it incredibly awkward.

"Hello, Antoinette! How are you today?" The boy asked, a faint blush on his face. Finding that amusing I gulped back my giggle.

"I'm quite well, thank you. We're having lovely weather."

"You know, it is lovely." He smiled with a nod, munching on a cookie, "And these snacks and tea are amazing as well."

"Thanks. I made them."

"They're amazing! You know how to bake?" The boy exclaimed as he winked to me. I laughed before bowing my head in thanks. I was going to take it as a compliment.

They were, in fact, not baked by me, but that's what Kyoya told me to tell guests. Well, told everyone.

"Hey, you!" Tamaki yelled from across the room. I looked over to him. "Yes you," He exclaimed running dramatically over to me, his face flushed with anger. "Just what do you think you're doing?" He accused.

"Me?" I raised an eyebrow. Tamaki's eyes softened.

"No, Milady, you're perfect," He flirted, sending me his signature smile and side glance. I ducked my head as he ruffled my hair.

"I am. Aren't I?" I flipped my hair back behind me, trying to lighten the mood. Tamaki turned to the boy,

"What exactly are you doing?"

"Me? I'm at the Host Club..."

"I know that! But why would you be talking to MY Antoinette!?" Tamaki accused, jabbing his finger into the boy's chest.

"Dude, chillax." The boy insisted.

"Tamaki... What are you doing?" I tsked.

"HE'S FLIRTING! THIS BOY IS FLIRTING WITH YOU! YOU'RE WAYYY OUT OF HIS LEAGUE!" Tamaki cried as he stopped his feet like a child.

"Oh, ~ Is King... jealous?" The Hitachiin twins cooed.

"AM NOT!"

"Are too~"

My face reddened, but I took a deep breath before saying, "Well as a Host... Hostess," I corrected, "I have to talk to guests. And plus he was only talking about-"

"Talking leads to listening, listening leads to bonding, bonding leads to trust, trust leads to cell phone number exchanges, phone talking leads to dating, dating leads to marriage!" Tamaki insisted. "TALKING LEADS TO MARRIAGE!"

"Oh, brother." I laughed, blushing. Tamaki did have a way of jumping to conclusions - I mean, we talked on the phone all the time, we should be at least engaged by his standards. I chuckled at the thought, ridiculous.

"You two are disrupting the Host Club," Kyoya called. Tamaki and I blinked, both looking over to him, "The boy was paying a very large sum to have just one hour with Antoinette. He's gone now." He sighed, typing on his computer.