How to Leave

"...And she gave me you, Anne."

"You know I don't like that." She pouts.

"Annelise. You are just like your mother."

"Am I as pretty as she was?"

"A spitting image." I reply.

"Will you ever get married again, Father?"

"One wife was troublesome enough." I reply, looking away. She really wasn't any trouble. She gave me life in ways I never knew possible. She kept me on my feet and played games only we knew... She was my other half, "Plus, I don't think there is anyone else for me."

"You'll always have me, Daddy."

"Do you think Mom watches over us?" My head tilts to see my son, Kaito, just two years older, nine. "The internet never really gives you a straight answer, ya know?" He says, blushing at the fact that he would ask such an obscured question.

"Along with Aunt Haruhi's Mom. And Grandma Andorra." I nodded, trying to still convince myself, "she's always here." I tap when my heart is.

"You put her in my chest?!" Annelise says alarmed, tugging at her dress. Kaito and I elt out a small laugh, before shaking our heads.

"You're just like your Uncle Akito and Uncle Tamak-"

"Oh? Is someone talking about us?" We look to see Tamaki and Haruhi.

"Haru!" Annelise exclaimed, the seven year old running from her Father to the guests.

"Anne!" Haru, the other seven year old smiled, jumping off Tamaki's back.

"Tante Haruhi! Oncle Tamaki!"

"You're here early." I say, observing their time.

"We wouldn't miss our dearest Annelise's birthday for the world!"

"Haru!" Annelise smiled, "Let's go swimming!!" She encourages, ignoring the blonde non-related uncle.

"Swimming?" He echoes.

"People are always telling me I'm dripping with good looks, anyway!" She nods. Haru lets out a sigh, before looking to Haruhi. She nods and Haru smiles.

"Alright."

"yeah!!!" She pulls him out of the room happily.

"But I only swim freestyle." Haru adds.

"Quite the handful you got there." Haruhi lets out a laugh.

"She's quite brilliant. A true mirror image to Annie." I said, my eyes glittering and full of pride.

"How are you doing Kyoya?"

"Well, it's been six years." I recall, watching as Haru and Annelise run to the pool that is just outside, on the other side of the glass wall. "I'm... surviving." That was all I needed to do, for now.

Would I ever find love again? No.

Would I ever recover? The human heart is a complicated thing.

I knew what I was getting into before.

I knew her time was limited here.

Yet, I couldn't help but love her.

"Oi," The familiar voices call. "We heard there is a very special birthday girl!"

"That's me!" Annelise smiles, "Uncle Hika-moo! Uncle Kao-moo!"

"Annie-moo!" The twins called.

"Cow buddies!" They do a secret handshake, before laughing. The twins and my daughter have always been close. Prehaps that's because they see Antoientte in her... we all do.

"Look! We got you a present-"

"-or fifty." Hikaru added. I sigh.

They never did have children of their own. Hikaru has a girlfriend, and has thought about settling down, but ultimately wants to stay a bachelor with his brother.

Until the time comes where they can find love, they spoil my little girl, calling her princess and milady.

"Kyo-chan! Anne-chan!"

"Uncle Mitsu-chan! Uncle Taka-chan!" Annelise smiles, waving them from the pool.

Honey and Mori had walked in, hold hands with their wifes and children. The children immediately rushed past us and into the pool.

Two daughters, belonging to Mori. Hitomi and Ryuuka Morinozuka. Both dark black hair, one very talkative like their mother, and the other quiet and more of an observer. They seemed polar opposites, but were always attached to the hips when with other people.

Another daughter, belonging to Mitsukuni, she was the smallest of the group, and a temper to go along with it. Her name was Lucy. The small blonde, fierce when it came to protecting the ones she loved.

Lucille Haninozuka.

Defeating any person to cross her - Or touch her Stuffed animal plush, Kuma-chan, whom which Haru Suou had given to her a while ago.

"I have an idea!" Annelise suddenly smiles, "Let's make a hostess club!"

My eyes widen at her idea.

"Hostess... club..." Haru raises an eyebrow, not clear how he would play his part.

"Oh~ the next generation really has things planned and ready." The twins laughed.

"OH! THE BEAUTY OF THE CONTINUATION OF THE HOST CLUB THROUGH OUR BEAUTIFUL OFFSPRING AND THEIR IDEAS!" Tamaki squealed in excitement.

I shake my head, watching as Haru shows Annelise how to dive.

"I hope they..." tamaki took his two hands and mashed them together, "You know." He left his hands drop.

"Collide and sink to the bottom of the pool? Tamaki, you baka." Haruhi sighs, with a slight smirk.

"No. I think what our fearless leaders mean, is that..." I trail, watching my daughter's red hair anf healthy self laughing at her failed diving attempt.

Antoientte... Are you watching this? From where you are?

I could practically feel her arms wrapped around me, kissing my temple and telling me that I've done well raising our children.

Keep going, Love. You're going to do great things. Keep living. I'll wait for you.

Antoientte, my love in Heaven... How has it been so long? I miss you.

Its my turn to be the babysitter. I'm watching you.

We'll be just fine.

I'll be fine.

After all...

"...This may be the start of love."