00 - Prologue

"Kyoya, the Ootori Group needs this family's approval. We need the alliance of the Kage Family. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Father." Kyoya bowed, taking a seat.

The Ootori Group. One of the wealthiest and strongest families in Japan. Leading the Health and Medicine world to a new era. Their skills exceed the finest in any other country and many people will travel great distances just to have access to their beautifully crafted facilities. The Ootori men sat around a table.

Here, the Kage Family and the Suou Family would meet for the first time on business with each other again after the incident that had sent them astray from each other. However this time, two new people had come into the mix. 

Tamaki Suou, Heir to the Suou Name. Tamaki was the energetic blonde that Kyoya attended school with for about six months. After many discussions, Tamaki brought up a mysterious girl that would be transferring from his home country as well.

She was known to them as Antoinette Kage, Heiress to the Kage Name. Although that wasn't always her name or title.

"I heard she's beautiful." Akito Ootori, the second Ootori son smirked, leaning on his palms as he sat down at the long meeting table.

Although Akito was uptight and more irritable than his calmer brothers, he found it intriguing to the potential value that the girl, Antoinette, may bring to offer him.

"Figures that one such as yourself would be interested. However, I am already married. You and Kyoya will have to decide who gets this girl." The eldest son, Yuuichi Ootori shook his head. He was the first-born son of the Ootori family and Kyoya's eldest brother.

As such, he was fated to become the next family head, upon their father - Yoshio Ootori's death. Thus meaning that the man had already been married off, for the chance of potential heirs.

"Like I have any interest." Kyoya shot back.

"Oh. You don't even know the girl." Yuuichi stated. "She is very influential and powerful. Just your type."

"Typical Kyoya to judge a book before even reading it." Akito sat back.

"Why waste my time if it is not interesting?" Kyoya inquired.

"No matter. I'm next in line, meaning she should be my fiance." Akito reasoned, unaware that the girl would not fall in love with him - They were destined to be business partners.

"Does it not bother you that you don't even know the girl?"  

"How old is she?" Akito asked the eldest brother. Yuuichi leaned back in his seat an sighed.

"Father, I don't suppose you have that folder?"

"Of Antoinette? Yes. She is a potential marriage opportunity." The Ootori father nodded to the files that lay in the middle of the table.

"I see." Akito nodded. "May we see it?" Motioning to the files in front of them, Akito took the file that Kyoya had reached for. He opened the file and a glint in his eyes caused Kyoya to look up.

"She has impressive grades and skills... Only a little younger than me, and that will work out nicely." Akito rhymed off.

"Let me see," Kyoya said, taking the photo. As Kyoya was going into his eighth year, he felt inclined to see the possibilities that his Father has laid out before them, "Interesting."

"Are you both agreeing to marry the girl before you even meet her?"

"Father, we both know that you've already decided who she is matched with prior to this conversation," Yuuichi sighed, exchanging a glance between his brothers, "There is no use of delaying the inevitable and teasing your poor sons."

"Although," Akito added, "If I had to choose a fate, In the garden of romance... maybe I would take this chance."

"I suppose... Although they're not old enough yet," Yoshio shrugged,  a small smile forming on his face as he stifled a small chuckle at his light teasing, scooping the document out of his sons' reach, "I suppose I will tell you, however, that she is-" The door slowly creaked open, causing the men to look to the noise.

"Apologies for the interruption. Your guests have arrived." The butler bowed.

"Oh!?" Akito frowned, "How dare you interrupt us. We were in the middle of a debate on who she will-" Akito blushed as the red-haired girl entered the room quietly. Kyoya watched, before standing up with his brothers and father.

"Thank you for coming, Kage-san." Yoshio shook hands with Antoinette's father. Antoinette stood beside her father, bowing.

"Antoinette?" Her father shifted.

"I thank you for this business opportunity." Antoinette bowed, with a soft smile. "As well, we have brought along proposals for the upcoming spring and summer seasons; although I will admit that Our budget varies between a few thousand dollars. Nothing we can't fix before finalizing any of the details." 

"Huh." Akito breathlessly mumbled.

"I'm Yuuichi Ootori. Very nice to mean your acquaintance," Yuuichi bowed to the Kage Head and then walked over to Antoinette, "A pleasure, as always," Yuuichi took her hand and kissed it politely.

"Yuuichi-san, it's good to see you again," She warmly smiled as she held his hand, gleaming.

"Y-you know her already?!" Akito accused.

"For a full six months now, isn't that correct?" Yuuichi recalled.

"Yes. I believe so. I've been to the Ootori Hospital in Tokyo. It's very impressive, indeed."

"Thank you for your kind words." Yoshio nodded. "Please have a seat."

"Thank you." She said with a nod. Kyoya blinked, something about her was off. The usual subtle rich girl facade seemed too rehearsed. Too polished. He thought he understood, as the upbringing of rich families was no picnic. But he was, in fact, wrong.

She, on the other hand, did know why. Herself, Yuuichi, and her Father knew. They both kept secret only they would know for quite some time.

As for Kyoya, he would have never calculated he'd be her downfall, and she'd be his undoing.

And their time was running out.