Genesis or Exodus

Start from the beginning

Kyra smiles a genuine smile as she looks into my eyes. She pulls me in for a tight hug and I can't help but sink into her warmth. If anything happens to her, I think I would lose my mind. I might not be able to come back from that loss.

Soon Imam's daughter Ziza calls us in for dinner. She practically drags us in the house by our hands. I can't help but to smile at the little ball of energy.

"Mom says you two should wash up before dinner." She turns to us as we stand next to the stairs. "I think it's her polite way of saying you stink."

I couldn't help the large laugh that escaped me, while Kyra lightly pushed Ziza and they began to bicker like siblings as they headed up the stairs. Soon we all sat down and ate dinner together. It's been a long time since I felt apart of a family. Not to long after, the girls went to bed.

"Look, I'll be gone for a while." I said as I looked towards the door where the girls were sleeping.

"Where are you going?" Imam asked with a hint of worry.

"I have some unfinished business I need to handle." I said as we made eye contact.

"Try to stay safe." He said as he walked away to his room.

After he left, I exited the house and climbed on top of the roof. I jumped from roof to roof until I reached the one where an empty ship was parked. It didn't take long for me to break in. I turned off the alarm and set up for my journey. The trip would take about a month to complete. As the cryo-sleep started to kick in, I sat and collected my thoughts before I head out to start my path of vengeance.

Flashback

It's been two years since we lost my father. My mother has been keeping my brother and I moving. We never stay on the same planet for long. That was until she decided to get hooked on some drug.

I've never been my mother's favorite child, but everything became worse after my father died. Everything became my fault and I could never do anything right. My mother always took her anger out on me. Since my brother was out with his friends, it was one of those days.

"Why did he leave me with a failure like you?" She said as she chained me down to the side of the bed. "It's all your fault."

She slapped me across my face and watched as my lip bleeds. Her eyes always seemed to sparkle as she inflicted pain. She continued to hit me and kick me. I just took every hit and kept my mouth shut, this wasn't the first time. I was beginning to get used to it. I sucked up my tears because I knew it would only be worst if she saw them.

"I should have never had you! If you weren't born, he would still be alive!" She yelled in my face. "But it's ok now. I finally found a use for you."

I began to get scared. Whatever she had planned couldn't have been good. She left giving me time to heal. A few minutes later she came back with a man. He was the same man that I saw her buy drugs from.

The man walked up to me and ran his hand up and down my bare legs. I tried to move away but couldn't because of the silver chains around my wrists.

"I'm guessing this is your sexy little girl." He said with a twisted grin.

"Yes, and she's all yours if you have what I want." She said as she took his attention away from me.

He dropped a duffel bag on the floor and slid it across to her. She ran to the bag and looked over its contents.

"You can have the little brat." She said as she continued to stare in awe at the bag filled with different kinds of drugs.