Woman of Her Word

After we watched Johns' head being ripped from his body, we headed back to find the group.

"Back to the ship, huh? Just huddle together until the lights burn out." Riddick says after Fry bumps into him.

"Get away from us?" Fry whispers with the torch pointed towards us.

"Is that the plan captain?" I ask with a quirked eyebrow.

"Where's Johns?" Imam says with a grimace on his face.

"Which half?" Riddick asks and I couldn't help but smirk.

"We're all going to die out here." Jack says as she turns around. "We should have just stayed on the ship."

"He died fast. If we have a choice, that's the way we should all go out." Riddick says as he starts to walk towards Jack.

"Don't you cry for Johns. He doesn't deserve your tears." I say as I turn Jack around to face me.

        Riddick walks off to examine the bones of a creature and I follow. He pieces it together until he finds an advantage, it has a blind spot.

"Shall we pray together?" Imam asks as he startles Riddick. "I have already prayed with the others."

"It is painless." Imam says as we all sit down.

"It's pointless." Riddick counters.

"Because you don't believe in God, doesn't mean God doesn't believe in you."

"Think someone can spend half of their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? You got it all wrong, holy man." He finally looks up and makes eye contact with Imam. "I absolutely believe in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker."

"What about you?" Imam says as he looks towards me. "What do you believe?"

"People say, God does everything for a reason." I say as I look towards the distance. "If that's true why does he continue to make my life a living hell. Slam after slam, lab after lab. Sometimes I just want it all to be over with." I humorlessly laugh. "It's so funny. I'm so much of a failure that I can't even die right."

"Sometimes God puts us through trials to test our faith." Imam says as he continues to look at me with a sad grin.

"You've already lost two of your boys." Riddick says interrupting Imam. "How much faith do you have left, Father." Imam couldn't give an answer.

        We all prepare to continue our mission to get to the ship. As we continue down the path, we hear the creatures throughout the cavern.

"I only see one way, that way." Riddick says as he points towards the cavern filled with creatures. "It's our only way off this rock. Just keep the girl between you."

"What about the cells?" Imam asks.

"We'll be pulling them behind us." I said as I wrap the cords connected to two cells around my wrist.

        Fry looks towards us with suspicion all over her face. Riddick adjusts his goggles and grabs on to the other two cells.

"Move." I calmly say.

"Are you sure you can keep up?" Fry asks and I just roll my eyes.

"Move!" Riddick yells.

        We all take off running through the cavern. As we continue, the baby version of the creatures' swarm flies towards us. The group raises their torches and burn some of them, while Riddick and I crouch down trying not to take to much damage.