Liochant nodded, "and then she'd some day save our lives with these powers."

The three of them nodded.

"She was always saving our lives, you know? Even when we were unaware of her power, I'm sure she just used it to save our lives," Liochant went on.

"Like when she said she had a bad feeling of letting Zane out of his restraints in The Nether..." Katelyn realized. "We should have listened, or we would still have him under our control."

"We can't dwell on that anymore," to everyone's surprise, Emmalyn spoke up. "I would always go over a few books with Y/n and she'd always point out the underlying lesson in the stories. The last one we went over was-,"

"Not dwelling on the past," I whispered with Emmalyn.

I felt my soul shatter.

"Laurence, Garroth and Aphmau are at Aphmau's house," Arabella spoke up. "Just in case you wanted to catch up with them."

I ran to Aphmau's home and they were talking about going to Hyria's. When they dispersed I followed Laurence. I just wanted to.

He began packing his stuff to leave. Not just for the voyage to Hyria's but to leave permanently. For good.

"You know what to do," Arabella stated.

"Arabella, I can't," I freaked out a bit. "Taking advantage of him, that's unfair. I can't stop him like this. I can't do it."

"Laurence, you are to stay here. At least until Y/n comes back," Arabella cut me off.

Laurence stopped packing everything and left to meet at the barn.

"Why did you do that?" I shot a glare at Arabella.

"Because you say it's unfair for you to take advantage of him like that? He was about to take advantage of your death," Arabella snapped back. "Do you really want to have to make another journey to The Nether to save him again?"

"I don't mean anything to him in this world. He had every right to leave and take advantage of this opportunity."

Before Arabella could say more I just speeded my way to the barn. I continued to follow them throughout that night until they finally made it back home. When everyone reached their houses safely, I turned to Arabella.

"Isn't it odd how Laurence's eyes changed?" She pointed out. "I wouldn't say you meant nothing to him."

I looked away.

"And I know you were reading their minds," She called me out. "Can't you see the way you-,"

"Yes, okay! Okay? I understand your point! It doesn't matter the timeline, in any world I am still going to affect them deeply!" I shouted. "It doesn't matter if I am in this reality, the one before it or another reality that I don't even know exists. We are still close and forever will be. This is your way of proving I made a mistake! But I just need you to know that I know I did! I know I messed up and I regret it! But unfortunately I can't reverse time, can I?"

"Well when you put it like that," Arabella began. "That is not at all what I was going to say. But I am beyond glad you learned. But I have an important question for you."

"What?" I said defeatedly.

"Tomorrow, on Aphmau's venture to the Yggdrasil forest, something terribly bad is going to happen both there and in Phoenix Drop. Which place will you be returned to?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, you can't make me choose!"