Chapter 21

? POV

I can see you struggling. Please allow me to help. For there was a time I was once in your shoes. Don't make my mistakes. Allow my guidance to help you though it may be too late.

~~~

Third Person POV

"How did you know her name was Zoey?" Garroth asked.

"Let me explain," Y/n began. "When I 'died' I was unaware of it at the time. I got out of my bed and saw you guys saying I was dead. I looked at my physical body and saw myself, lifeless and cold. I realized that my body had gotten way too overwhelmed with the energy of this world. Not to mention, the forces of nature were altering as well."

"How does that work?" Katelyn asked.

To my surprise, Zoey explained how my Magicks worked. She explained how I'm more sensitive to emotions, events, future experiences, the worlds energy, etc.

"My assumption is that my body was not only unprepared for such a swift change from light to dark, but I was just overwhelmed and exhausted. I hadn't taken a break to slow down. And even though my body was not moving, my soul was still in the universe," Y/n went on. "I never left your sides. I screamed your names for just one of you to hear me. When I realized I was stuck at some sort of ghost, I continued to follow and watch over you guys. I did my best to protect you from harms way. If I was unable to be there in person, I would continue to be with and support you guys no matter what."

"So how are you alive again?" Aphmau questioned.

"If I'm honest, I'm not exactly sure," Y/n lied.

Y/n began remembering the events that led her here.  She supposed it started right when she died. When Arabella herself pulled Y/n out of her own body. When Arabella herself warned Y/n of what was coming.

"What? Where am I?" Was the first question Y/n asked.

When Y/n turned around she soon saw a woman. It was Y/n. They shared a face, Y/n even questioned if it was a mirror at first. The woman did not speak at first, she just watched Y/n. Y/n then began to examine this doppelgänger. Everything was the same. They were the same height, same body, same face. Even the way her hair fell was exactly the same.

Y/n knew who this woman was. It was like Aphmau and Irene.

"No, no I am not doing this," Y/n shook her head. "Put me back with my friends!"

"I am afraid I cannot do that," Arabella spoke.

Her tone was so much calmer. She didn't raise her voice at all. She kept a level head while looking and sounding so serene.

"Why not?" Y/n questioned.

"Because I need to talk to you," Arabella responded with the same tone.

"No, I refuse. I refuse to listen to whatever you have to say," Y/n began. "I'm sorry, I am sure you are a very kind person but I just want to get back to my friends."

"That's not why you won't listen to me," Arabella said simply.

"Excuse me? Are you trying to tell me that the most important thing to me right now isn't protecting and getting back to my friends? Because I'm sorry, you would be wrong."

"My apologies, I will admit, it plays a very large role in your refusal, but there's more. There's more to why you won't listen."

"I don't have time for this."