Chapter 20

??? POV

I haven't felt you in so long, Love. Where are you? Your forces went out like a light? You are starting to terrify me. I am scared. Come back to me.... please.

~~~

Aphmau's POV

It's been decided that I am going to talk to Shad alone. After arriving early this morning and seeing the current form of Shad, I see no other option. We need answers now.

Katelyn, Zoey, and Garroth are all here with me down below (as Levin catches up with an old friend). Laurence was going to join us, but last minute he turned down the offer. I trust that he will stay in Phoenix Drop even after leaving him alone for a day, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical.

Shad began talking about how he didn't want to speak to me. After what I- or Irene did. He isn't happy with me and I do not understand why. I just want answers. Shad looking like Aaron isn't making this easier. He began to get angry. Very very angry.

"Irene, you're unaccompanied," Shad observed. "Tell me, where is Arabella? Why did you abandon her in The Nether?"

"I do not know anyone by the name of Arabella," I replied.

Who is Arabella? I've haven't that even heard that name one time.

"You lie," Shad whispered. "You're lying, you would never live a life without Arabella by your side."

"I really do not know why you are talking about."

"What did you do to her?"

"Nothing, I just do not know who you are speaking of."

Shad looked hurt by this. It was a genuine hurt and I did not understand. He cares fore someone enough to be hurt by them not being around? His hurt soon turned to rage. His physical body began fading in and out and the barrier grew weaker and weaker. He pulled out a sword and ran at me. I tried getting my sword out but I knew I'd be too late. I began embracing for impact but something stopped the final blow.

Garroth's POV

The Yggdrasil Forest is beautiful. All the elves and natural plants. It's so mystical here. I wish I could admire my surrounding more but I was too worried for Aphmau. She is, right now, speaking to Shad. This is a major risk. Just the thought of anything happening to Aphmau just tears me to shreds.

But I also couldn't get my mind off Y/n. She just died and we are already on a new adventure? Granted, this is a little different considering the importance of the Heart of Darkness, but it's still crazy to think how fast paced the past day has been. I mean, just twenty four hours ago we were all mad at Y/n for keeping a major secret and now she's dead? I feel like I lost something important. Like something went missing again. Regardless of the lies, she still was a major help around Phoenix Drop. She helped train guards, played with the little kids (while managing to teach them a valuable lesson), and just overall helped with any little task that came up. Like that one time she helped with Kawaii~Chan's bakery. It just seemed like she was always helping people and I respected her highly for that. She also helped Aphmau a lot. More than anyone else has. They both just seemed to connect instantly. I had to try and shake of these thoughts or I would end up spiraling in my own head.

I began trying to listen in on the conversation more but we were all too far away to hear anything. There were points where he would raise his voice. My instincts told me to run to Aphmau and protect her but I was either stopped by Katelyn or Zoey every time. At one point though, I heard running and then a clash. The three of us jumped and began running to the platform Aphmau was on.