Chapter 22

??? POV

My Love, are you truly gone? Why have you abandoned me? This sudden hole in my heart seems to get bigger each day I cannot sense your life form. I miss you, My Love.

~~~

Your POV

Protecting my friends this way felt very strange. I felt like I was herding sheep. And when I saw Liochant cry over my dead body I began to scream at him. Scream that I was here and that I was sorry.

"He's not going to hear you," Arabella stated.

"Please! Please just let me back to them!" I pleaded.

"No, not until I say so," Arabella shook her head. "You have to trust me on this one."

I tried reaching for Liochant's shoulder to comfort him, but my touch just went through him.

I was outside with Katelyn, Liochant and Emmalyn. Katelyn was doing her best (which is hard for her because she's not the greatest with emotions) to comfort both Liochant and Emmalyn. Both their hearts were breaking and I couldn't do anything about it. This shattered me.

"I was too slow," Liochant cried a bit. "The one time Y/n genuinely needed me, I was too late. In the two years I traveled with her, she took care of me and I did my best to return the favor, so you'd think the one time she needed me I could fulfill the task."

"Liochant," Katelyn whispered. "Don't you dare blame yourself for the actions that took place tonight. We don't know anything at all about what happened."

"Don't blame yourself, Liochant," I said aloud. "Please, please don't. What happened wasnt your fault."

"Do you know why this happened?" Arabella asked me.

"Because you pulled my soul out of my body, killing me, just so you could talk to me!" I replied with anger. "Do you see what you have done?"

"No, this world is dying. With one touch of a single soul, he tramples everything in his path," Arabella said mysteriously.

"Who? And what does that even mean?"

"You will find out soon."

In that money we saw Laurence and Garroth run out of the house.

"You going to follow them?" Arabella asked.

I shook my head, "not yet."

Arabella nodded.

"Katelyn, tell them I'm not mad please. You know I wasn't mad. I was never mad. I understand you apprehension towards me. Please don't pity me," I went on.

"I'd like to think that Y/n forgives us," Katelyn said with a smile.

"I didn't think that was going to work," I said with a shocked tone.

"You'd be surprised what you can do in the afterlife," Arabella smiled. "It is a blessing and a curse to have this power."

"So I can control what they say here?" I said.

Arabella nodded, "so what are you going to do about that?"

I thought for a moment, I am not taking advantage of my friends unless it keeps them safe.

"What do you mean?" Emmalyn asked.

"Well, we all got into a fight and didn't trust Y/n when we found out the truth about her Magicks." Katelyn went on to explain the situation before my death, making Liochant and Emmalyn feel a lot worse. "But knowing Y/n I'd like to think she forgives us and that she understands where we are coming from."