Chapter 31

Art Credit: ukyossan

As winds slowly began to cool and the leaves of green trees started to shift in color, a new semester for the students of UA began along with a chilly new season.

Midoriya was excited to return back to his dorm and see his classmates whom from their first year of school to now which was around the middle of their second year had become close-knit friends with each other. The young hero couldn't wait to see his teachers and of course his doting mentor All Might.

Or he supposed, his doting mentor Toshinori.

After being under the retired hero's wing for over a year now the blonde man began urging his young student to call him by his first name while not in the presence of respective company. The two were connected tightly by a power thicker than blood and with Toshinori calling Nana by her first name when he was under her care he felt he would be closer to his own successor if he did the same. But like with many things, the ninth holder of One For All was incredibly awkward with the very personal proposition his teacher had offered to him but slowly during training and casual meetings began to call his predecessor by his first name.

It made the young man feel even closer with his hero who had changed his life forever and that made him happy.

But besides this, the recently ending summer had been filled with a constant buzz of excitement and danger after their very own art teacher Miss (L/N), or Mighty Marina faced off against a intensely ruthless villain who called herself Banshee. Like many all over the city, the aspiring young hero had seen the whole ordeal on the news with his mother while he was on break and also like many others, he was taken aback by the power and strength their pretty and motherly teacher was holding back.

He had been one of the few to be aware of Miss (L/N's) history as a hero, excluding some important details, so the boy was aware of her work. It was a different game seeing her actually in action and the UA student scribbled down as much as he could observe from the fight, all the while cheering her on and worrying over her victory.

She had indeed won the fight in the end, but was badly beaten and sent for medical care as soon as the dust had cleared.

Midoriya knew for certain that his favorite art teacher would be the talk of the school for at least a month coming back after everything that had happened.

It felt heavenly returning back to school and dressing in her work clothes. (Y/N) was beyond thrilled to see her students again and coworkers she had grown to happily befriend. The woman's big injuries by this point where still not fully healed so her movements were limited, but her doctors allowed her to attend her work as long as she took regular breaks during her classes and sat down frequently. The pain in her body was much less prominent than the first couple weeks of healing and this was thanks to Toshinori's diligence and fussing over her while she was on bed rest.

Even after she was out and walking though she was still being tended over, not by just her loving partner.

It was about midday during classes and the teachers were gathered in the lounge to eat lunch. The retired hero walked with a pep beside his partner as he held both their foods in his hand because (Y/N's) arm was in a sling for the slight fracture in her shoulder. She also still had bandages and her arms and on her knees which were completely shielded by her (f/c) colored pleated skirt that reached to her ankles. She added to this outfit with a pretty white blouse and her favorite slip on shoes to accompany it. Toshinori looked rather nice himself as he adorned the wonderful dark fitted outfit (Y/N) had gotten him months prior. She always felt pride swell within her when he wore that suit. With his other suits this one rivaled his other favorite, the medallion colored suit with the thin black stripes, but his still loved the one he was currently wearing the best.