Chapter 14

Art Credit: estrellitaaart

WARNING: +18 Themes Below!

(Y/N) had stopped by the store in an aimless attempt to make something for dinner for both herself and Toshinori.

Ever since living with the man, the art teacher had made it an effort to do more research on what foods would be best for Toshinori's unusual dietary needs. The woman admired her friend for all of his hardships and for his perseverance. She wasn't sure if she herself would be able to handle the many surgeries and all the pain he had to endure after his insane battles with villains. She cared about the blonde enough to save him anymore pain then he's already had since his system couldn't take certain foods.

It had taken some searching, but in the end the water quirk hero decided to grab ingredients for a traditional Japanese stew called Nikujaga.

The woman had been first introduced to the dish long before she came to Japan. This homely recipe was perfect for warming the stomach on chilly days and filling hungry people up. (Y/N) had tried it on a whim, not realizing this dish would become one of her absolute favorites. The recipe called for chopped onions, carrots, and hearty potatoes that would cook in a boiling dashi based soup. Along with this there was also thinly sliced beef, light shirataki noodles, and a splash of warm sake.

Soy sauce, mirin, and sugar would also be added to enhance flavor, and already (Y/N) could feel her tummy growling. It was simple and light enough that it shouldn't bother her dear friend.

The woman wondered to herself if he would like what she was planning to make. She could imagine his crooked grin toward her, attractive and shy as she knew him to be. She couldn't stop herself from smiling at her own thoughts of the foundational hero studies teacher, a flush on her soft cheeks as she took her items to check out and hurry back home.

The fondness (Y/N) had toward the man was building up everyday.

It hadn't taken long for the woman to prepare and cook all the items into a sweet smelling stew. (Y/N) was excited for her friend to return home so she could present him with all the work she had done. She was really hoping that he'd enjoy the food. Not being a professional cook by any means, she didn't have a hard time following the recipe on her phone as it took less than thirty minutes to prepare. (Y/N) had just about finished with the special dish when she heard fumbling at the front door to the blonde's apartment.

An uplifting warmth ran through her system when the door opened, her body drifting away from the the simmering pot of food as she entered the hallway leading to the front door. Toshinori had shut the opening to his apartment with fatigued groan, kicking off his shoes to give his tired feet some rest. He slowly rolled both his ankles one at a time, making a satisfied noise when he heard his bones in his ankles pop under the pressure. Once again he found himself tired both physically and mentally at the end of the day, rubbing his tired sunken eyes with his fingers.

The man sighed, allowing the delicious smell of cooking food hit his nostrils. He recognized the familiar scent of stew almost immediately. When he saw (Y/N) peeking at him with a pleasant expression he returned it back bashfully.

"Hey Toshi! How was training?" the (h/c) haired woman sung, watching as the blonde removed his UA jacket and hung it on his forearm. He still had the bag from training and the goodies from Mr. Davis' cafe in his hand, his face going bright pink when she acknowledged him.

"G-Good." The retired hero stumbled in regards to her query, his eyes barely being able to meet her pretty bright (e/c's). He knew it would take some effort to compose himself after coming to accept his love for his closest friend, but he didn't think it would be this hard.