Chapter 18

Art Credit: zero_KR

WARNING: +18 Themes Below!

Returning back to a sort of normal pace of schedule had yet to become a realistic task.

(Y/N) already felt bad for not being able to see her students because the school year was soon coming to a close, but after word got out of her kidnapping Principal Nezu gave the art teacher time off again to recuperate. This along with her new budding relationship with her best friend turned boyfriend, her world was starting to spin a little too quickly for her.

Nothing that she couldn't handle, of course.

She couldn't believe it, even if it'd been a week after their first kiss.

Toshinori Yagi, the man who was once regarded as one of the most strongest men on earth, a literal beloved hero was hers and hers alone. That truth was enough to make her whole heart soar, giddy smiles erupting from both parties like they were both once again in high school.

(Y/N) only vaguely remembered falling out from sleep not long after the feelings she shared with Toshinori were recognized. It seemed as though she had slept all day from all the action she dealt with, which sleep had rightfully been deserved.

Toshinori himself had fallen asleep too from exhaustion, though he was still reeling from the fact he had finally gathered up the courage to kiss his (Y/N).

Even if it was due to the spur of the moment, he still considered it a win.

After keeping relaxed in their shared apartment for some days, the woman was called in by Naomasa that morning to head to the station around the afternoon. As expected, her attendance there was necessary to answer further questions from investigators and to identify particular criminals who were involved with the string of kidnappings.

Toshinori knew this and had been dreading it for the days he had her selfishly to himself.

The (e/c) eyed woman was nearly ready at the door, fixing her soft (h/c) locks to a more presentable fashion as she observed herself in the mirror. She fussily tugged on one of Toshinori's beige coats that currently hung over her like a blanket. It smelled like him, it's scent so close to the salty sea that he loved and his gentle smelling cologne. (Y/N) shivered as she pulled the collar up to her nose.

Hearing the thumping of padded footsteps drawing near her, (Y/N) turned her head to the said retired hero as he approached her from behind the corridor.  Keeping silent, the man reached out to grasp the woman by her hips, pulling his own body closer to meet his stomach to her back. (Y/N) let out a giggle as she watched him lean over her shorter form to plant his lips on her bare neck. It almost felt too natural as she leaned pleasantly into his form, slipping her eyes shut whilst he held her.

Toshinori silently avoided looking at the mirror by the door himself but instead focused his attention on the heavenly body pressed solidly against him. The man pulled his thin lips away from the curve of her neck and allowed himself to nuzzle his pointed nose into the side of her (h/c) hair, not caring as it tickled the pale skin on his face.

He'd much rather stay like this with her than have her leave since it was still a bit difficult to not be attached to her hip after her sudden kidnapping.

(Y/N) opened her twinkling eyes, reaching a lazy arm to rest her hand on the side of his thin cheek.

She seemed to enjoy placing her hands there, on his face.

"Hello..." she hummed, pleased.

"Hi..." he replied shakily, still keeping her close with pink dusting his skin.