𝟏𝟎 - 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙛𝙛, mentally preparing herself for the next class, which just so happened to be divination. In fact, her preparation was disturbing Ophelia's own concentration given that Hermione kept making different noises as she appeared to ponder something. Taking her eyes off of her homework for a moment to direct her irritation in Hermione's direction, who notices the look Ophelia was giving her and mumbled a timid apology.

Meanwhile, Harry and Ron were mindlessly eating, their thoughts on completely different wave-length to the girls, though Harry was taking ever so discreet glances at Ophelia while she concentrated. If he knew any better he would've thought she had put him in some sort of trance, how he kept stealing hugs and brief moments where their eyes would meet that had his stomach in all sort knots.

Something in him flustered over it, slightly worried what it meant towards their relationship. They were 13, why would he want to get into things with her?
It would probably pass over time.

Yeah, it's just a little crush, I'm not in love or anything. He told himself.

"What do you think of Divination anyway?" Hermione asks Ophelia, her eyes lift from the parchment as she pondered her opinion of the topic, after a few moments to mull it over she came to her conclusion, she says

"Well, while I think some of it can be a bit overreaching, such as Tasseography which I just cannot wrap my head around, but I do think there is some truth behind it. Prophecies do exist, and I think that I might have to be in tune with it somehow."

Hermione looks at Ophelia as though she grew whiskers, Ophelia returned the look.

"Should I be concerned for your sanity Ophelia?" she says

"No, just sometimes I get feelings you know when something is afoot, like danger or there's something I'm missing out on-"

"I'm sure you get those all the time then-"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ophelia says, her voice firm but not accusatory, it seemed as though Hermione was implying something personal and given the proximity of certain people, she almost wanted to send a coded message to her best friend.

Don't rat me out.

Hermione seemed to take the hint, as she said nothing more on the matter, instead choosing to direct her attention to the food that had been placed in front of her. Ophelia about to do the same, but she noticed her dad shifting from his seat at the teacher's table, their eyes meet and he starts making his way towards the group. Ophelia shifts in her seat, preparing to leave abruptly if her dad asks to speak to her privately.

Which she suspected he would do, especially after the argument they had in front of Harry, something Ophelia was still reeling over.

"Miss Le Fay, could I have a word?" she hears Lupin ask her. He didn't need to see her face to know she had rolled her eyes at him, it was a given.

"They know you're my dad you know," she said, her tone icy and unwavering.

Remus winced, she was not in a particularly favourable mood, though he was under the impression it was very much to do with the argument and not directly towards him.

"Regardless, I need to speak to you," Lupin said, his voice soft and warm with that signature smoothness he always carried about him, like melted chocolate.

Excusing herself from her friends, she gathered her belongings and followed her father out of the Great Hall, ignoring the few looks that other students were shooting her, she imagined they thought she was in trouble, but no, it was him in the doghouse so to speak. Harry watched Ophelia and Lupin leave, noticing how she held her head up high as she almost stormed out of the Great Hall while Lupin trailed behind her in stride with both of his hands in his pockets, it made him worried that they'd fall out further.