𝟏𝟒𝟔 - 𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚒𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙾𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎.

you better comment 🥰🔫

Songs I listened to while writing this.

Goodbye, Billie Eilish. One More Hour, Tame Impala. Gasoline, Halsey. Somebody That I Used to Know, Gotye, Kimbra.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚, the routine became more and more strenuous as each day went by with seemingly no end and every day her despair would grow and grow as she realised each day she was getting absolutely nowhere in her search for Harry's cure.

And she hated herself for it.
She absolutely despised that she couldn't remedy this swiftly, she hated herself for being such a hypocrite when it came to Dumbledore who was lying to Harry about what he was — she was barely any different, she had no way of knowing if Dumbledore ever looked for a way to save Harry but it was the only thing that divided him from her — and drove a wedge between her and Harry.

She hated lying to him but she hated the thought of being responsible for his death much more, that was only thing that helped her get any rest at night — though, it was made quite clear from their close proximity that Ophelia was quite restless, her nook was constantly aloud with the quiet scratching of her pen to paper and the turning of pages, sometimes even the faint hum of a tune when she listened to music in her head — and so it was decided that Ophelia's shift to watch the horizon would be most of the night.

The Rota was devised by Hermione over dinner one night.

Ophelia 12am - 6am
Hermione 6am - 12pm
Ron 12pm  - 6pm
Harry 6pm - 12am

From 12 till 6 in the morning Ophelia would sit and watch the horizon, her wand by her shoes as she'd sit and read the horrid books on Horcruxes with the ambience of the fire in a jar that Hermione made that Ron continuously was admiring, today was their last day of the food she had brought with her and she had told them all the same, she could replenish what was there if there was anything left to replace but everyone was so hungry that they cleaned their plates as soon as it was done, all except her, who was struggling to even finish a quarter of it with her stomach constantly clenching unpleasantly.

She'd sometimes sketch any creatures that would wander into the midst in the corner of the notepad, despite her constantly trembling hands the sketches turned out alright and seemed to help reduce how noticeable her hands were, the animals were completely unaware of her presence which made it all the easier for her to get better drawings of them — the more frequent visitors were the Rabbits, as they were attracted to the grove of wild carrots that was growing a foot or so from the magical border, she would focus into getting more details every time they came.

Harry and Hermione felt that it was best not to stay anywhere too long, and Ron agreed, with the sole proviso that their next move took them within reach of a bacon sandwich. Hermione, therefore, removed the enchantments she had placed around the clearing, while Ophelia packed everything inside of the tent once again, while Harry and Ron obliterated all the marks and impressions on the ground that might show they had camped there. Then they Disapparated to the outskirts of a small market town.