𝟐𝟒 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

The first day back to school came sooner than Ophelia had anticipated, yet she was still partial to staying at home to see her dad, it felt cruel to leave him behind, in fact, watching him get smaller and smaller on the train platform as it pulled away made her stomach drop.

She felt as though she had taken last year for granted, being able to see him everyday, to drop by and give him a hug or have a conversation over tea and cake about her charms homework.

Now, she felt almost alone as she walked through the train to find her cousin's compartment, which wasn't too hard given Poppy had flagged her down 3 compartments away, she walked past the compartment which Ron, Hermione and Harry had found themselves in and she popped her head in.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna be in the compartment two doors up okay? I need to talk catch up with my cousins, so I'll talk to you when we get to the carriages yeah?"

Casting a curious glance over to Harry, she saw he hadn't taken his eyes off her at all, if anything he was more inclined to look at her now than before, he had a reason to admire her without scrunity. He didn't have to steal glances at her when she wasn't paying attention, or anyone else for that matter, she was all his now.

She is all mine now. Harry repeated internally, his grin expanding at the motion of it.

Harry felt disappointed, but nevertheless nodded as Hermione gave her a brief hug, Ophelia gave him an endearing smile and a hug before pulling out a tin out from her bag and handed it to Ron who was the closest.

"Jam tarts, 2 each okay? Don't forget to give me my tin back later yeah?"

Ron nodded eagerly as Ophelia shut the door once again, disappearing from sight.

"Oh, these smell amazing," said Ron, placing his Jam tarts on his knee before passing out the rest of them to Harry and Hermione. "I can't believe it took you this long to make this a permanent thing." Ron asked no one in particular, but the question resonated more with Harry who's eyes widened in alarm.

"What do you mean?" asked Hermione curiously, and Ron and Harry shared a look of panic, Ron shoving his tarts in his mouth whole to avoid the question entirely. "You fancied her didn't you?" asked Hermione to Harry, who shook his head.

"Well yeah course I did, but I thought I didn't have a choice I thought she fancied someone else."

Hermione scoffed, "When did she tell you that?"

"The other week at her house when I popped round for tea, she says she fancies someone and apparently I know them."

"Because you did." says Hermione laughing as she took a bite from one of her tarts.

"Wait, you knew the whole time?" Harry asked, turning to Hermione who nodded.

"Well how come you didn't tell us?" asked Ron, leaning forward onto his knees.

"Were you going to tell me who either of you fancy? No? Didn't think so. It's her business anyway."

It was Ron's turn to scoff, leaning back into his seat. "Honestly, it's like you don't trust us."

"Not with this no, because I knew for a fact you'd tell the person it's them." Hermione told them.

"You don't know that," says Harry irritated, if he found out who it was then he most certainly would not tell them that Ophelia Le Fay fancied them, not before he did, but he did in fact find out anyway.

"I wouldn't have told them at all."

"Well, you might not, but I know Ron would've"

"What? How come Harry wouldn't but I automatically would?! That's not fair!"