I rolled my eyes, "See you later."

We walked in silence for a while, both of us slowing down our pace so we can have some more time together.

"You still trust me, right?" Lisa suddenly blurted out.

I felt my heart stop at the same time I stopped on my tracks to slowly face her when she held my wrist.

"You know I do," I tried to smile.

She heaved what looked like a sigh of relief, "I'm worried I lost your trust after I've... hurt you countless times," she hesitantly admitted.

It makes my heart ache, being reminded of the damages our relationship has gone through for the past few weeks and how it affected her too.

"We both know you did that for me, Lisa," I placed my hand on hers that's on my wrist, squeezing it gently.

"But you know what it taught me?" I added.

Her brows shot up, waiting for an answer.

"To never back down a fight when it comes to you," I winked.

Her face lit up, an adorable smile appearing on her lips.

"I thought you trust me?" she teased.

"Trusting you is one thing. Protecting you from predators is another," I pouted, crossing my arms.

She gave me a sweet smile before taking a step closer and placing a finger under my chin, "You're my favorite predator, you know that?"

A tiny laughed escaped my lips as I slapped her hand away, jokingly glaring at her, "I hate you," I said, smiling from ear to ear.

Moments like this with Lisa makes me forget everything else. Just having her smile for me makes everything so much better, it's suddenly hard to imagine how annoyed I was earlier.

She was humming a song while we continue our way to my class while I happily listen in silence, when her hand suddenly slips on mine. I intertwined our fingers as we climbed the stairs, but I've only climbed two steps up when I felt her hand stop me, slowly turning me around to face her.

She took one step up to level my eyes, we're suddenly of the same height. My Lili is a giant. I grinned at the thought.

She tilted her head sideways, staring at me mindlessly with a smile on her face while her hands rested on my waist.

Something flashed in her eyes, then suddenly, the air between us became a bit serious as she caresses my face with her hand.

"A few years from now, I'm gonna ask for your hand..." she says while staring deeply at me, her beautiful doe eyes full of love and assurance.

My heart started beating like crazy.

"I'm gonna be a nervous wreck, but I'll try to convince you to spend the rest of your life with me, okay?" she looks at me so sincerely, I almost melted under her gaze.

My eyes brimmed with tears just by hearing those words from her. I nodded, imagining how perfect it would be to spend the rest of our lives together.

I want that. No—I need that—I need that kind of life with her, and only her.

"But for now, trust me, trust my words... I'll fight for us this time, okay?" she says so softly, but the firmness in her voice was still present.

I wrapped my arms on her nape, pulling her closer before placing a sloppy kiss on her lips. As I looked at her under my lashes, I can't help but be captivated by those pair of brown, doe eyes.