Sleeper

I settled into my seat on the plane. By the time I had checked in and gotten to the gate, I only had 30 minutes until we began to board.

I looked at my ticket, my new identity blazing across in big bold letters. 

Eleanor Collins.

Next to my name, was my photo, the same photo that was on my new passport. I shifted as the plane began to make its way down the runway and soon we were in the air.

I recited the details of my new life over and over until it became second nature.

Eleanor Marie Collins. Age 25. Date of birth: January 12, 1995. Hair color: Brown. Eye color: Green. Weight: 135 lbs. Height: 5'6". Citizenship: American. Personality: Kind, demure

Only child of loving parents, Marissa and Micah Collins (both American). Born in Palm Springs, California before family moved abroad at the age of two. Continued to be homeschooled by her father who was a history professor and mother who was a part time art curator. From the age of 13, the family settled in Russia, taking residence in its capital of Moscow. Fluent in Russian and English. Studied Education and Literature at university and upon graduation, began to teach second grade. Parents tragically passed away in a car accident at the age of 23. Deciding that she needs a fresh start, relocates to New Jersey and takes up a job at an elementary school in the city.

All other personal details may be decided upon by agent.

Those were the instructions I was given. Simple, easy. I was given an American passport, money, credit cards, a social security number, birth certificate, and driver's license. All of my documents and paperwork had been handled by my agency as per our normal standards.

An apartment was set up for me in the city, several blocks from where I would be teaching. I sighed as I looked at the flight details. We were not even halfway yet.

The events of the last few days finally caught up to me as I sank further into my seat, exhaustion creeping up into my mind. 

Eleanor Collins.

I mentally buried my past and prepared for what was now supposed to be my life. I was no longer Mischa Petrova. I was Eleanor Collins and I was now a sleeper agent for the Russian government.