"You are a good man, Moros."

Moros smiles appreciatively. "I loved Ace very much. He was just like his mother. He was against the maltreatment of the people of Sansora. He had tried to protect them, but he failed, because he got locked up."

I listen carefully, while healing another person. "I'm glad he's in his rightful place."

"Exyclott really needed its true king. It was crumbling under the leadership of Hudson. And because of you, My Lady, we are safe now."

                    After performing my duties for today, I go to look for Ace, but his guard tells me he's at a meeting. So I spend the next few hours with Otis in my room, teaching him how to solve math. I really can't believe I, Eva Cardale, am teaching someone else Math while I suck at it. I just hope I'm teaching it right.

"I'm tired." Otis whines. "Let's do something fun."

Damn this kid reminds me of me. There's nothing as boring as Math.

"What do you wish to do, Otis?" I ask.

"I know how to paint. Maybe I could tutor you?" he offers.

I laugh. "You're going to give me painting tutorials?"

"Yes, you had your turn, now it's mine." he says, pulling out a blank sheet.

"Okay, but what are we going to paint?" I ask, but Otis is looking behind me, with his mouth agape.

"Otis?" I call. He doesn't respond, so I look behind me to see what he's staring at. I see a rose floating in the air towards me. I look up and there stood Ace, directing the rose with his fingers. The rose lands on my lap.

"You could teach her how to paint a rose, Otis." he says.

"Your Highness." Otis bows in respect. "Thank you for letting my friends stay."

Ace ruffles his hair and smiles. "You're welcome. Go on with your tutorials." Ace says, stealing a glance at me. "I'll just stand here and watch."

"um...."Otis rummages through his duffel bag. "I forgot to bring a paintbrush. I'm going to get a paintbrush. I'll just be back, My Lady." he bows again at Ace before leaving.

Ace keeps standing at the entrance, staring intensely at me with his eyes slightly narrowed.

"Hi." I say with a nervous smile.

"Why were you looking for me?"he asks, walking slowly in my direction.

"I wanted to talk to you." I reply.

Ace sighs and throws back his head in disappointment. "Great, Eva. And there I was, thinking you wanted a strip show." he pulls back his robe, revealing his bare, gleaming upper body. "I even got my torso oiled for that."

My jaw drops. "Oh my God. That is so inappropriate." I gasp, shading my eyes.

"Why is it?" he teases with a smirk.

"It counts as sexual harassment, Ace. That's no good behavior of a king." Wait, what? I'm making him get ideas.

I hear Ace laugh as he puts his robe back on. "It's just my chest, Eva. I didn't know it counted as sexual harassment. It's both surprising and flattering."

I shake my head. "I didn't want a strip show."

"Okay, what did you want to talk to me about?" He asks, and I'm glad he's getting serious. I really need to write a book titled Men Are Strange.

"Moros told me about you...what you did for my people. And I think that was very nice of you. You're such a good person."

Ace smiles and lifts one eyebrow. "Why did you want to tell me this?"

I shrug. "Because I should?"

He says nothing, walks over to me and sits next to me on the futon. He's so close, I could smell his cologne.

"I don't like talking about it because I failed trying to accomplish my mother's mission of protecting the rights of your people. I let you down." he says.

I impulsively touch his large hand. "It's not your fault. It's Hudson's."

He looks down at my stupid hand touching his. I almost withdraw it, but he places his other hand firmly on mine.

"Since you are one of them, it's my duty to make sure you're treated as you should be." he says with a tiny smile.

"I'm already being given the best treatment from the handmaidens. Also from Moros and Damaris."

Ace smirks, leans in and whispers, "What about your king?"

I swallow hard as his breath tickles my skin. And oh God, those eyes. They're hypnotizing me. They're definitely not human. And oh, his hair...there's nothing more I want to do but run my fingers through them. I'm so lost in thought, I barely notice him leaning in more. "He can treat you better..."he whispers again, picking up the rose and stroking it against my cheek. "...better than anyone else."

"Ace..." I try to speak, but I'm interrupted by a tiny voice.

"Here's the paintbrush!!!"

Hi loves! So I tried to do some little flirting scene there. Hope it wasn't lame. Vote if you liked it. And comment, because I'm bored. Thanks  💙💚💛💜

🎵
Original by Sarkodie  👌