THE PROPOSAL

[EVA'S POV]

[THREE MONTHS LATER]

It all started with a kiss after I started working with Hudson Lockmore. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that to happen. But now we were in love. And we've been together for three months. Things escalated pretty quickly but it was all good.

Consequently, Hudson had shown his love in many always. I stopped working at the diner with the asshole. I also moved from my crappy apartment that I shared with Baxter, my best friend, to his very own mansion where I was very much welcome. All in all, my life was much better.

He said I changed his life the moment I walked into it. I secretly thought it was the other way round. He's special all by himself. Maybe he hasn't realized that yet .

Anyway...to the present.

        I make him a not-so-perfect breakfast despite the protests from the cooks and go to his room to knock on his door. I hear a distant response for me to come in, and I do so. When I walk into the bedroom, he's nowhere to be seen. The sound of water droplets dripping informs me that he's in the shower. I go over to his bed and set down the tray on it, when I spot something on his bedside drawer.

It is a small bottle filled with pills. I take the bottle with curiosity and read the label. It read: RILUZOLE.

I squint at it with confusion. Riluzole? What on God's green earth is this drug? I hear the bathroom door crack open and I turn around with a start.

"Um, Hudson, I...found this on your dresser." I hold the bottle up for him to see. "Are you sick? You should've told me."

"Babe, um..." he walks over to me and snatches the bottle from my hand, looking alarmed. "It's nothing. Just a drug for headache. A severe migraine."

I fold my arms. "Why didn't you tell me? And you're even getting ready to go to work when you're sick? Hell no. You're going straight to hospital."

A small smile takes over his face. "Eva, I'm fine, really. And I already went to the hospital yesterday. That's how I got that. So I'll be fine."

"I don't believe you. And you are so not going to work today. Sit down." I go behind him, grab both his massive shoulders and force him to sit down on the bed. That took a lot of effort, actually. This guy reminds me of Hugh Jackman.

"Babe..." he begins to complain until he sees the breakfast on his bed. "Oh! Will you look at that? My little dove made me breakfast." he grins. He started calling me that because of the mystery tattoo on my neck. I find it cheesy.

"Finish that up and lie down. I'm going to get a towel and warm water. I'll be back." I tell him. He doesn't answer, he just sits there with a big teasing smile. I shake my head at his cheesiness and turn around to leave when he grabs my wrist and pulls me back onto his lap.

"Why go far away when I need you here, with me?" he whispers, stroking my arm. I say nothing, just staring into his orbs. His hair is dripping with water. A rivulet travels down his face onto his lips and he licks it off. That... was hot.

"I don't need any towel or warm water when you're here with me." he adds. Then he kisses me gently. "You're all I need."

I smirk. "That's nice to know, but you still need treatment." I try to stand up, but he pulls me down again.