THE FULFILLMENT

"You kept your promise. It's time for me to keep mine." I say to Hudson as we head towards his room with Moros, Ace and Damaris, the royal physician.

"Thank you for everything. My people are very grateful." he says, taking off his shirt and lying down on his bed.

I shrug. "It's my duty."

I steal a glance at Ace, who is looking away with disapproval of what I'm about to do.

I walk to him readily, trying to figure put how to do this. Maybe I just need to touch him intimately and close my eyes and focus on him getting healed. So I place my hand on his solid torso, close my eyes and try to meditate as I am moved to do by my instincts.

I feel sparks emanate from my body to a hot spot where my hand is placed on his body. Hudson shivers beneath my hands, evidence that this might be working after all. A rush of air moves over me all of a sudden, and Hudson sits up with a gasp.

I step away from him as Damaris hands him a towel to cough into.

"Is he okay?" I ask worriedly, hoping I did everything right.

Damaris smiles gratefully. "Don't worry, he's fine. He'll be coughing blood but it just shows that he's recovering."

"So he's not going to die?" Ace asks with a tinge of dissapointment.

"No, Your Highness, he's very fine now." Damaris confirms.

Ace nods stiffly, his jaw clenching. "Good." he says nonchalantly and leaves the room with his royal entourage.

I move closer to Hudson who is still coughing into the towel.

"How do you feel?" I ask, stroking his hair like a mother does to a son. I can see his smirk beneath the towel. He nods to say he's fine and I get ready to leave him alone to get to my other healing duties.

He however gets hold of my wrists and turns me around, all with one weak hand.

"Thank you, Eva. This means so much to me." he says evenly. He raises two fingers to dismiss Damaris and Moros. "I don't know how I can pay you back. What you've done for me is priceless."

I nod stiffly. "It's my duty." I mutter.

Hudson chuckles. "So you only did it out of duty?"

I glare at him quizzically. "Why else will I do it?"

He sighs and winces. "Look, I hope that you could forgive me. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness by just renouncing my throne. But I could do more than that if you give me the chance." he coaxes with pleading green eyes, making me squirm. They're so captivating.

"I'm sorry." he adds, taking both my hands against his chest. I feel myself becoming weak and succumbing in his touch. I try not to look into his eyes but then I can't feel myself breathing. His hand lifts up my chin and he leans in towards me.

Just as his full soft lips are about to collide with mine, I pull away and step away from him with resistance. He leans back in his bed and sighs with disappointment.

"I forgive you," is all I manage to say, before walking away.

                 Moros and Damaris are behind the door when I walk out of Hudson's room.

"My lady," they both say with a bow. I resist the urge to bow back, as Hudson said I shouldn't.

"Take me to the clinic. I want to start my duties." I say with my most priestly voice.

"Of course, my lady." says Damaris, the physician. "You wouldn't be requested to revive the dead people as it will cost you your life. Most Sansorans lost their lives trying to revive another."

"So, many of my people died while helping Exyclott?"

Damaris nods shortly. "Yes. But they felt that it was their duty as the people of Exyclott told them. They were like slaves, without any say."

"I thought it was their duty." I say.

"Yes. Sutr created Sansora to help save lives of other supernaturals. But it wasn't their duty to sacrifice their lives for others, except if they wished to." Moros intones.

"Exyclott made them revive people against their wish?" I ask with horror.

Moros hangs his head. "That was our biggest mistake, My lady."

I say nothing, as Damaris unlocks the room filled with a hundred infected people.

"I can't heal all these people in a day." I say.

"You can heal a number today, then another number tomorrow, as you wish." says Damaris.

"How about I heal twenty?" I ask.

"Fifteen will be fine. You need your rest and your bath. Also you will need food." says Moros. Damaris nods in agreement.

"Okay. Let's begin." I say, walking in with my white silk gown dragging behind me. My eyes fall on the pregnant woman I saw earlier today.

"I'd like to start with her." I say, my eyes never leaving the woman. I approach her bed and touch her arm to gain her attention. She turns her frail body towards me, her face has red bumps on it. She frowns with confusion since we are not well acquainted.

"Hello. My name is Eva Cardale." I bow my head and show her my tattoo. She gasps and reaches to touch me, but Moros stops her hand with his gloved ones. I frown at him with disapproval.

"You're from Sansora?" she asks with surprise, her eyes gleaming.

"Yes. I'm here to help you. And your baby. What is your name?" I ask with a pleasant smile.

"Elizabeth." she mutters.

"Lie down, Elizabeth." I say. She complies with a huge smile on her face. A smile of hope. I touch her face first, then I let my hand travel all the way down to her feet. In just a few seconds, the red bumps all over her body go away, leaving her as fresh as a cherry.

She gasps and touches her body with amazement. "I'm healed!!!" she exclaims, gaining the attention of the sick person lying next to her.

She's not the only one amazed, I am too. This feels surreal.

"Thank you, Eva." she says with teary eyes.

I nod with a smile. Damn I'm good at this.

There it is! I'm very excited for the chapters that follow. And I hope you liked this one. If you did please vote. And comment as well, if you don't want to get the disease in Exyclott. Thanks 💜💙💛💚

🎵
Song recommendation: Never like this by Gyakie👌