Chapter 20, A Plan

Rotte somehow seemed scared most of the time when around Victor, it's like he frightens her. I held her hand like a brother would, Victor followed behind us with his boots making a marching noise as we walked.

When Rotte, Victor, and I reached the front door. Effie was first to greet us by opening the door.

Cuthfleda followed after her, the both of them looked up at Victor and whispered to each other. When Effie whispered something into Cuthfleda's ear, she turned red and looked away. Victor seemed to take notice. "My apologies , young ladies. My name is Victor, it is truly an honor to get to know you." he said in a smooth tone. Effie walked forward and took his hand, "I-I'm Effie, lets get to know each other. Let's have tea!"

I pulled Victor aside to congratulate him, "Nice one, first impression is a good show."

He laughs, "Ah yes, and you will have to do the same when you meet Rotte's mother."

"Uhh huh. Why do you make it sound like I'm her fiancé?" I said while removing my helmet, he simply shrugs and removes his helmet as well.

After tea, we both scan the premises outside, Victor and I spend a few hours navigating the area. Land stretches far, the air had a scent of flowers.

He spoke up, "Do you ever plan to make an expedition team?"

I turn around, confused. "What do you mean 'expedition team', like a scout group who explores unknown territory?"

"Yes exactly! Our team would go far and wide, explore this beautiful land!" Victors exclaims with excitement.

Although the idea seem very good, there's a few things to question. "First of all, getting people who wouldn't disclose this realm is hard, finding someone who would be like a soldier is hard enough."

Victor removes his helmet, "I know a group of individuals just like you and me who will be great candidates to our team. Just ask permission first. Since we're themed around the Second World War, why not have the team dress as each country then!"

A lightbulb pops in my head, "Then lets get this team started!"