Chapter 7, New World

So I'm going to an unknown world with a girl who I've just met, whatever this is- it's better to be ready for what has to come.

Turning to Astarotte, "Stay here, I'm going to get a couple of things first.
"You're really coming with me?!" She says with a surprise. Nodding at her I rush through the forest and back home.

Looking around I don't see my uncle so I call out, "Dad?" No response. Going to my room I ruffle around for my Co2 revolver.

Pulling the pellet revolver out of its storage I ruffle around for the ammunition needed for it

"Ah, here they are!" I say with a sigh

"Ah, here they are!" I say with a sigh. Looking around I grab a sheet of paper and write,

"To my beloved uncle,

I know it's hard to understand what's happening with me as you're reading this letter. Everything happened too quick for me to just let her go alone like that, especially on how she looks. She is off better being protected by me for a certain time. If you enter my room you will see certain things missing, a large amount of airsoft and pellet rounds and Co2s. My return will be in 5 days and when I do- I will tell you what I can. For that period of time do not under all circumstances tell anyone of my disappearance.

Signed,
          Jerald."

With my letter being finished I proceeded to pick up all my needed items such as a camera, MREs, and bottles of water and stuff them all in my knapsack.

Returning to the forest I see Astarotte waiting for me patiently. Noticing my revolver is still in my hand I slip it into my pocket.

"Are you ready?" She asks me, with a smile I nod at her. Moving closer she slowly puts her hand on a cone/triangle-shaped tree and suddenly I am falling into a somewhat 'gate' with her.

"OHHHH MYYY-" I shout, it feels like I'm a paratrooper being dropped into D-Day! Feeling a soft touch I turn my head to see Astarotte's hands on my shoulder. She giggles at me, "It will end soon, stay calm."

A few seconds later we appear in a different realm. I shake myself to make sure my equipment falls back in place. "It's n-night, I'm scared." She tells me. Looking at her I ask, "Where is your place or castle?" She points at a building in the distance blocked by fog around us, at the sight of fog I swallow my saliva as we start moving forward. "Since you're scared." I take her hand and begin moving further from the realm tree or whatever Astarotte would call it. The wind constantly gives me the chills so I pull out my USP and keep a visual on our surroundings.

We cross the bridge when suddenly the wind starts blowing harsher. I instinctively draw closer to her and wrap my right arm around her while using my left to hold my pistol. "Whatever you do, please stay by my side." She says with a shaky voice. Not responding I keep my pistol trained forward.

As we near her castle I look back to see a shadowy figure following us from a distance. My heart slams in my chest, as we continue I notice the figure is not fading from view. "Astarotte, keep going forward! I'll be right behind you!" I exclaim. Moving my hand off her and looking down I pull out my revolver and shove my hand in my pocket and pull out a few magnum pellets. The sound of my boots crunching on the ground and howling wind surrounds me as Astarotte slowly fades from view. With shaky hands I count as each bullet is slid into my revolver, 1...2...3...4...5...6

For a few seconds I hesitate on shooting, taking a look back Astarotte is no longer in view. Taking a deep breath my finger squeezes down on the trigger as 4 shots are fired off into the distance.

In an instant I bolt towards the castle and come face to face with a door. "Astarotte! It's me!" I call. The door opens as Astarotte and a few other inhabitants of the castle greet me.

I look around, "Uhh... Hi?"