Chapter 10, A Sleepover

I stood there in shock, why me? Ever since my family was killed, my life has been a burden. People would insult me for how I choose to be- but now there is someone who cares for me? My eyes dart around in an attempt to get my mind straight.

"I must go for now. It's turning night time." Olav tells me as he walks away.

"Probably time to say goodnight to the princess." I sigh.

Walking towards her room I try to put together a puzzle in my head. If she is a succubus then that means she might be trying to lure me into a trap. It might be better if I'm prepared.

Sliding my hand and pulling out my revolver I check how many shots are left. "2 shots, that should do fine."
Pulling the cylinder I release the empty casings and put them in a different pocket to load for later.

Arriving at Rotte's bedroom I lightly knock on the door, "You wanted me to come here?"

On the other end of the door I hear her footsteps as she walks towards the door before opening it, "Jerald! I- I didn't expect you to come here."

"I just wanted to see if you're alright, that's all." I say with a smile.

She motions me to come in, "You can sleep with me on the bed if you want."

"Yeh, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen yet." I say while pulling out my camera, "There is an objective I must do before sleeping."

Opening my tightly packed knapsack I pull out my Soviet tent coat that is jammed inside and unfold it

along with taking out a K ration.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going out somewhere." I tell her while sliding loaded pellets into my revolver. "Should be back soon. Not gonna take long, just go sleep."

After removing my suspenders and putting my USP away in the bag I fold my coat around myself and insert a new chip in my camera.

I open the door and look and Rotte who is laying on her bed, she looked at me with worry as the door opened but before my foot could go any further I pull back. "For tonight I'll stay with you, but tomorrow expect me to not be by your side."

Moving closer I lay down my tentcoat and make a makeshift sleeping bag but before my eyes can close Rotte again bothers me. "Can you please come up here with me?"

I let out a stressful sigh, "Fine!"

Pulling my tentcoat together I fold it and place it under my knapsack along with the items with me. Taking a look at Rotte who is observing me I let out another sigh of annoyance then moving to her bed I remove my boots and go in with her.

Taking a glance around my eyes widen as my worst thought comes true, we're less than 3 feet apart. "This is weird."

She lets out a giggle that sounded cute for a second before opening her mouth and turning towards me, "Is it weird because you are the type of boy to only end up as a 'friend', hm?

Blood drains from my face as I turn pale while looking at her, with a swift motion I unhitch my helmet and use it to cover my face, "I am going to sleep, don't bother me!"