Losing Self-Control

I'm starting a weekly posting starting now. Enjoy chapter 2. I haven't proofread, so, sorry if you see many typos.

"Like it, Miss Pierce?" His soft voice startled me from behind. I spin and see Chris standing underneath the doorframe to my new room.

I step aside and allow him to walk in.

"Yes, it's roomy and probably better than my old bedroom." I say watching a smile grow on his face.

"Good, I'm glad you like it. Now that you're settled in, we can get to work. I hope you're not missing your friends too much." He chuckles, walking back to the door.

I look down, sighing quietly.

"Give it three days." I tease, almost speaking to myself.

"We'll see." He winks, exiting the room and disappearing from my view. I finish up fixing my clothes into the drawers and the closet, and my books and CDs on some shelves.

"Knock knock!" An older voice greets from the door. I spin and face the stranger's body. It's a short, raven haired woman with a purple dress under a pink apron. Her pale blue eyes sparkled bright underneath the light in my bedroom.

"Oh, hi there. You must be Sara, I'm Heather." I smile, reaching a hand for her to shake.

She takes it and grins, "Yes, Chris has told me all about you. He's very fond of you, I might say." Really? That's nice of him.

"Well, its nice to meet you. He mentioned you were like the nana of the house."

"Yes, well, I've been taking care of this house and that boy for as long as I can remember. I worked here when his parents owned the house, you know, before they got in the accident that took them away from us." She let's her head fall, her black locks covering her face.

"His parents died?" I asked, softly.

"That was personal, maybe let's not tell him I mentioned it, okay?" She says, cheekily.

"Sure. I don't expect him to open up to me about something that personal. I'm just the assistant." I sigh, "By any chance, when will I meet Mrs. Cerulli?"

Sara's face crinkles at the mention of my boss' wife.

"That woman changed my boy. He was happier before she started 'working out of state'. He's so oblivious to what's going on--"

"What is going on?"

"That's none of our business. Let's just drop the subject, dear." She smiled. "Come, let me show you around the house."

*
*
*

"Emails are sent, sir. What's next on my to do list?" I ask, standing side his large desk. I admit I love his study. It's huge, comfy, and the dark colors add that dramatic effect I love. I'm just really curious about what's behind that black door by the bookcase in the back.

Chris stands and nods, a finger up to his chin. "How are you with planning dinners?" I raise a brow, "I'm supposed to plan a dinner for my friends and I for this weekend and I don't have time. You have to do it for me." He says, eyeing me for a few minutes.

"Oh, sure. Yeah, I can do that. Uh, how many people am I planning this dinner for?"

"Let's see...there's...four plus three plus you plus Sara.... Put ten people down."

"I- I have to be there? But, sir-"

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Chris." His voice was hard, cold.