"Are you ok?" I asked softly. He nodded and without looking at me he said,

"I'm fine."

I knew there was something wrong but I was still too busy thinking about what I should do about Malfoy so I let Harry's response slide.

---

Two months had passed since my kiss with Malfoy. My days were spent either trying to avoid him or feeling depressed because I hadn't seen him. I had to stay away from him. I could feel my feelings for him begin to grow. That was something that couldn't happen. Whenever I saw Malfoy around, I would cling onto Harry just a little bit tighter, trying to give off the impression that we were happily in love. To people who didn't know any better, we looked like the perfect couple. We weren't...

Whenever Malfoy walked past us, I would kiss Harry on the cheek. Whenever I could feel him watching me during meals, I would spoon feed Harry. But because my thoughts were too deeply invoked with Malfoy, I would push Harry away. Not forcefully but I could feel him distancing away from me, confused . One second I acted like I loved him, the next second I was cold and distant.

Pretty soon I started to notice the fact that Harry was always around Ginny. I knew Harry wouldn't cheat on me but I could see him look at her, laugh with her, talk to her. My heart ached with jealousy, but I knew that it was mostly my fault.

I woke up feeling depressed and lonely. Everyone had gone down to breakfast already. I quickly threw on some clothes and ran out. I was sick of it, sick of feeling like an outsider. Today, I was going to be like the old Amanda. I smiled, feeling happiness coursing through my body again. But when I turned into the Great Hall, all I could see was Harry and Ginny.

He was wiping something off her mouth but from this distance it looked intimate. They were really close to each other, almost as if they were about to kiss. I felt my good mood vanish. I couldn't watch this anymore. I turned and I ran.  I pushed people out of the way, not caring about then looks on their faces.

Where could I go? I couldn't go to my usual spot at the lake. It would only remind me of Malfoy.  The room of requirement!  It could do anything right? It could probably mend a broken heart. Just as I was about to run up the stairs, I heard someone. Someone crying.

I peered cautiously around the corner. It was coming from the boy's bathroom. I was curious about who it was. I boldly pushed the door open, not caring that it was the Men's lavatory. Inside I saw a figure hunched over a sink, bitterly sobbing his heart out.

The noise from the door closing caught his attention. He looked up into the mirror and I caught a flash of blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Malfoy?"

He didn't say anything. He just stayed hunched over the sink.

"Malfoy?"

"What is it Cornwall?" he asked bitterly.

"I was just-

"Are you aware that you're in a boy's bathroom?" he turned around to face me, the bitter expression still on his face.

"Yes I was just- "

He chuckled, cutting me off yet again.

"I guess I'm just too irresistible for you."

"What?" I felt my temper begin to rise. I longed to put my hands around his neck and strangle him. "What are you talking about?"

"I knew you would come back for more."

That was it.

"Malfoy!" I yelled. "Are you serious? I come in here to make sure you're ok and you say it's because I want to come back for more? Are you serious?"

He laughed. All bitterness from his face was gone. There was the laugh I loved so much, but it only angered me more.

"And why do you do that?" I yelled at him again. I began to pace the bathroom. "Huh? Every time I think that you could be a decent human being, you go and you do something like- "

Malfoy snuck up behind me, and kissed me on the lips.

"-like that."

I stared at him, unsure of what to say.

"Finally, she shuts up," he teased.

"Malfoy, why did you kiss me?"

"My feelings for you still haven't changed," he said softly. "Even though I tell myself to get over you, I can't. I still love you."

I was stunned. "Malfoy-

"Shh," he placed his hand over my mouth "Someone's coming." He pushed me into one of the stalls, took out his wand and cast a disillusionment charm. Now no one could see me.

"Stay quiet," he warned, quickly kissed my forehead. The bathroom door banged open and Malfoy walked out of the stall to see Harry staring at him.

Malfoy sent a hex which Harry dodged. Both of them had become skilled at non verbal spells and were now sending hexes flying at each other, hitting the windows and the taps causing water to flood. I was rooted to the spot watching this silent battle. I prayed that none of the hexes would hit me and nearly screamed when a hex broke off a bit of the stall's door.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry yelled. It was as if my heart stopped beating. Malfoy was lying in a puddle of water, blood streaming from his face and chest. It was as if an invisible sword had slashed his body. I didn't want to look, but I was transfixed.

He can't die! I have to help him!

As if he knew what I was thinking, Malfoy turned his head slightly to face the stall I was in. With his last burst of energy, he raised a finger to his mouth, telling me to stay quiet. I silently agreed.

Snape burst into the room, his expression murderous. He waved his wand over Malfoy's wounds, the blood slowly seeping back inside his body.

"You need the hospital wing," he said in his monotonous tone. I rolled my eyes. Well no shit Sherlock! Harry was just standing there in shock, looking at what he had done. I, too was shocked, and angry. Where did he learn about that spell? Silent tears began to form in my eyes. He can't die!

"Bring me your books...now." Snape ordered Harry. Of course, it was that stupid Potions book. I wondered how he was going to explain himself. I didn't have time to worry about him though. Malfoy was on his way to the hospital wing and I had to see him.

I quietly sneaked out with Harry, my disillusionment charm still working perfectly. Once we were out of the bathroom, we went our separate ways.

 I had to see him. Malfoy couldn't die!

 ----

Keep voting everyone! Your support means a lot to me!