Chapter 44: Shota & Hizashi

Start from the beginning

The sun was setting when we reached the peak of the hill.  The long grass swayed gently in the light wind which brushed across my cheeks. The view of the city lights twinkling made my eyes widen. How had Hizashi found such a beautiful view? "Come sit down Shota." Hizashi called, beckoning me over to sit on a blanket with him. The blanket was a fairly decent size, large enough for us to sit on but small enough that we were close together. I didn't mind that our shoulders were pressed together. Or that if I turned my head, I could see into deep green pools which reflected my own bland black eyes. "This view is really extraordinary, Hizashi," I whispered, looking out over the city beneath us which twinkled like stars in the night sky. "Yeah, I was looking for the perfect spot for this date and came across this hill. Want a sandwich?" Hizashi held out a plate with chicken sandwiches on it, I took one gratefully and began to eat it whilst watching the sunset. 

Hizashi and I spoke about random things for a while. It had been so long since we'd last had the chance to just sit down and talk. We hadn't been on a real date since the start of the school year. "Then Oboro used one of his clouds to cover his junk! The teacher was so pissed!" Hizashi laughed as he reminisced about our days at UA. The specific instance he was talking about happened in our second year. "It was quite funny." I chuckled lightly. I looked up at the sky, admiring how clearly I could see the stars and the moon. It was a full moon that night and I was too busy admiring it to realise that Hizashi was shuffling around nervously beside me. "Umm... Shota. Can I tell you something?" Hizashi whispered nervously. I nodded my head as I turned to look at him in confusion. 

"Ok..." I muttered unsurely. Hizashi was making me really worried with how nervous he was acting. Hizashi fiddled with something behind his back before taking a calming breath and starting to speak. "Shota, I've known you for 15 years and I've loved you for 13 of those years. We dated for a year in high school before breaking up and agreeing to just be friends. Watching you date Emi was impossible for me. I dated other people as well, but it was never the same as when we were together. I was never as happy." Hizashi began to monologue, I didn't interrupt him because I was curious as to where he was going with this. "When we started dating again 3 years ago, I was ecstatic. I finally had you back. I know you may say no, and I'll understand since you might want to wait longer or not want to at all but..." Hizashi pulled me up to a standing position then got onto one knee and pulled out a ring box. I gasped and covered my mouth in shock. Rare tears beaded in my eyes at the sight of my boyfriend kneeling down on one knee in front of me. A silver band glistened in the low light of the stars. "Shota Aizawa. Will you marry me?" Hizashi asked, his voice cracking slightly as he spoke. I was frozen in shock for a second until I bowled him over and wrapped my arms around his waist as tight as I could. "Of course! Yes, I'll marry you!" I cried happily into his chest. Very out of character for me, I must admit. Hizashi laughed happily and pulled me away so that he could slide the silver band onto my finger. I admired it closely. It was rather simplistic, just the way I like it. I looked up and smiled at my fiancè. He returned my smile, beaming so bright he looked like a second sun, before leaning in and capturing my lips in a passionate kiss. 

The next morning, I woke up in my bedroom at the dorms. It took me a second to remember what had happened the previous night. It all came rushing back when I saw the gleaming silver ring on my right hand. "I can't believe I actually got the guts to propose to you." Hizashi's husky morning voice commented from behind me before I felt lips gently kiss the junction between my neck and shoulder. "Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it either," I whispered back, turning around to see the handsome face of my soon to be husband. Hizashi smiled at me before rolling over on top of me and looking down at me with a certain light to his eyes. "My turn." he whispered into my ear. "You're lucky the kids are away." I hissed. 

I didn't leave my bedroom until midday that day. After certain activities, Hizashi and I sat down and just spoke. I loved speaking with Hizashi. We connected in a way that I had never connected with a person before. Eventually, Hizashi had to leave. He left me with a parting kiss which lingered on my lips just long enough for me to want more.