Last Chapter

Last Chapter! I can't believe I didn't keep my promise! It took me 25 extra minutes to double check and stuff. Im soooo sorry! Im a whole 25minutes late ):

When Percy got back from Olympus, we were then allowed to have a huge celebration. There was a big feast prepared in our honor. Wearing the laurel wreaths that were part of the camp tradition and then led a procession down to the bonfire to burn the burial shrouds that our cabins had made for us when we were gone.

My shroud was so beautiful. I was really proud of my siblings for pulling it off. It was gray silk with embroidered owls on it.

"Wow. It's a shame not to bury you in it," Percy remarked.

I punched him and told him to shut up, but I was smiling.

Besides, Percy was just probably sore over his shroud. Since he didn't have any cabin mates, the Ares cabin volunteered to make his shroud. Yeah, they obviously didn't do that great of a job on it. It was an old bed sheet with smiley faces around the border painted on them. Nice, right? Only the smiley faces' eyes were X'ed-out, and the world LOSER was painted really, really big in the middle.

Grover had gotten a brand-new searcher's license from the Council of Cloven Elders and was beaming over it. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

Percy told us what happened on Olympus. Zeus was really mad at Percy for "daring to fly through" his domain. He probably had caused the extra turbulence.

Percy told Zeus all of what happened and returned the master bolt. Zeus sensed what Percy said was true. Percy told them about his dreams, also, and how he thought that something down in Tartarus was stirring.

Poseidon and Zeus had a discussion in Ancient Greek, and Percy said that he only understand one word they were saying. Father. And Poseidon and Zeus' father would be the one and only Kronos.

After they finished the discussion, Zeus told Percy that Percy had done well. Percy said he tried to give us credit, but Zeus cut him off. Zeus said that to show his thanks, he would spare Percy's life. He said he didn't trust Percy and that he didn't like what Percy's arrival meant for the future of Olympus, but "for the sake of peace in the family", he would let Percy live... How generous.

After Zeus made one of his favorite dramatic exits, Percy talked to Poseidon. Percy had also thought Kronos was in Tartarus and Poseidon confirmed it. Poseidon (to my disappointment upon hearing) quickly closed discussion of Kronos. He told Percy that his mom (thankfully) was back. Hades had sent her back home when Percy recovered his helm.

Before Percy left, Poseidon told Percy he would find a package waiting in his room. Percy then went home and reunited with his mother. When he told us this, he had a big beam on his face. Gabe was being a... cough pig. Percy told us, much to our shock and horror, that Gabe had hit his mother before. Percy found the package Poseidon was talking about on his bed. It was the one containing Medusa's head the he had mailed to the gods. He told his mom that if she wanted Gabe gone, she could use Medusa's head. But, surprisingly, he didn't force it. He gave her the choice whether to do it or not.

Later, Percy told us his mom had sold a sculpture called The Poker Player to a collector. Wow, Sally must have been a great sculptor.

The fourth of July came around. Everyone, including me, was excited for the fireworks show that the Hephaestus cabin was putting on. They weren't your regular fireworks. Being the kids of Hephaestus, the fireworks they made were over the top. The fireworks were amazing. They were sequenced blasts that looked like frames of animation across the sky.