2: Past and present

"Get back here you brat!" An angry shop owner yelled after you as you had stolen something from his store. You kept running until you fell and tripped. Your legs shaked from the impact as you tried getting back up. Before you could even get one foot up you felt your head getting pulled back. "You'll get what's coming to you." The angry man said before letting your hair go. You panicked as you heard the police sirens. Just then You felt yourself sinking, you looked around and saw a purpleish black hole swallow you.

You closed your eyes as you felt yourself completely sink. When you opened your eyes again you were in your little hideout. That day your quirk manifested and you used it everyway you could, from stealing and sneaking around. But one day you weren't fast enough and you got cought.

"You can't keep doing this anymore... We've arranged things with a family that wants to take you in." Your parole officer explained as you were handcuffed. "And what if I don't want to?" You glared at the camera in the corner of the room. "It's either go with the family and get one month of probation or... You go to a juvenile detention center, your so young. You cant got there, if I were you I'd think this through... You have a day to think this through." The officer stated walking out. Leaving you with your thoughts

"No need, I'll go with the family. There's no way in hell I'm going to jail." You growled as someone else came into the room to take of your handcuffs. "Good... Just know that if we catch you again you will go to a juvenile detention center."

.

.

.

.

"Hey, your new here aren't you?" A guy with sunflower blonde hair asked. "Yeah... What do you want?" You asked him not wanting to be bothered. "Ah! I just wanted to introduce myself, my name's Toshinori Yagi, you looked lonely, I live on that other street over there. I'm on my way to train!" He exclaimed. "That's cool I guess..." You mumbled. "I want to become a hero... Have you thought about becoming one?" He asked and you shook your head. "I doubt my quirk... Would be useful in that field." You smirked as you startled him by appearing behind him.

"Are you crazy? That would be really useful, like if there's a rescue needed to be done, or to gain the advantage and surprise and enemy!" He exclaimed. Your eyes widened, no one had complimented your quirk before, they always focus on the negative aspect of it. "Thanks..." You mumbled. "Toshinori! Stop flirting and let's go!" You turned your head and saw a woman with black hair and a mole on her chin. "I'm not flirting! I'll see you around then..." He gave you wave before leaving.

Maybe I could be a hero... But society would prove it difficult.

.

.

.

.

You sat in class waiting for the day to begin when you heard murmurs and glances being thrown towards you. You looked around the class and some heads snapped to look away. "Assholes..." You whispered to yourself coming to the conclusion that they were talking about you. "Alright class settle down, we'll be testing out your quirks today so please get dressed and meet me on the field." Your teacher announced as your fellow classmates stood up and headed to the changing rooms. You were in the middle of changing when you felt a push. "Oops, sorry about that." A girl smirked as she stood besides you. "Your alright..." You mumbled rolling your eyes. "What are you doing still here..?" You asked as she grabbed a strand of your H/C hair. "Just wondering... How they let someone like you... In a school like this..." She growled as she yanked your head and pushed you into one of the lockers. "We all know you have a criminal record... So stop pretending to be something your not! You should be in jail not here... To think a criminal was hiding under our noses this whole time... I knew you and your quirk were no good!" She bashed your head once more before throwing you on the floor and kicking you. "Stop it Tsukasa! Your going to far!" Someone yelled as you spit out blood. "We're training to be heros! I'm just doing my part and putting the filthy criminal down..." You growled as you tackled her.

"Just so you know... I don't do hair pulling or biting." You growled as you punched her in the cheek. "And if your going to hurt someone... Make sure they fucking feel it!" You growled as she tried getting only to be slammed back down. Her breath being knocked out of her lungs as you got on top of her and punched her repeatedly. "Someone get a teacher!" Your classmates screamed at you to stop, they're voices being drowned out by your rage. "People like you make me sick! So what I've made mistakes! I'm here for a reason and if you have a problem with it then fight me!" You growled as a teacher fought to pull you off. "Let me teach her a lesson! She came at me first! This is technically self defense!" You struggled against the bindings they put you in. "That's enough! Your already in trouble!" You huffed as you saw her unconscious body being carried away. They dragged you along the halls towards the principal's office. The halls filled with curious students that had heard the ruckus.

"Isn't that the girl with the villain quirk."

"I heard L/N didn't even hesitate to swing at Tsukasa..."

"I knew she was bad news..."

"She has a criminal record too... My only question is why they let her in here knowing that."

"Get back to class!" The teachers yelled. You blinked feeling empty as your head flooded with the comments of your so called peers. You growled as your eyes scanned the halls. Suddenly your eyes met with Toshinori's, his eyes wide as you walked with a bloody face, and then it registered in your head just how serious things were. The girl with a criminal record and a villainous quirk with restraints and a bloodied face along with the girl with a perfect record who was being carried due to being beat up and unconscious... Things weren't looking good for you at all.

You were waiting outside of the principal's office as your foster parents argued with Tsukasa's father. "What happened?" Toshinori asked as you fiddled with your fingers. "Some bitch wanted to start something... But I ended it..." You sighed as he sat down next to you. "You didn't have to... You could've ignored her, or at least come to me..." He sighed as he held you in a hug. "No point in it now... I'll probably be expelled." You're eyes teared up as you thought about the work you put in to change things. "Why do I always end up ruining the good things..." You sighed as you cried into Toshinori's shoulder "L/N Let's go..." Your foster dad glared at you and Toshinori. "I-I'll see you around then Toshi... Please... Make it big for me..." You whipped away your tears and gave him a kiss as you ran a hand through his hair one last time. You whipped your eyes before getting out of his embrace.
.
.
.

"Do you have any idea what we've done for you!? We took you in, we tried saving you from that life but you can't do things like this! I'm sorry but that was the last straw. You sneak out and disobey us constantly... This... This is far worse than that! Your lucky the girls father didn't press charges on you!" Your foster dad yelled as you sat at the kitchen table. No emotions shown whatsoever. "She doesn't even care! Look at her! Are you even going to say anything!?" Your foster mother yelled as she paced around the room.

"I'm trying... I just... She came at me first! I don't know how but they found out about my record and... And she slammed my head against the locker..." You held back tears as the dried blood flaked off your face. "And you thought that was the best course of action? Beating her to a bloody pulp?" You growled getting annoyed. "At least that shut her up! You weren't there... You don't know how I felt... Everyone thinks I'm some creep cause of my background and quirk. They don't believe that I want to change..." You sniffled. "Well you certainly didn't help yourself with that little stunt... I'm sorry L/N but... We can't have you in this house if you're going to be like this. Clean yourself up and go to bed. Were taking you to a foster home just outside the city..." Your foster father sighed.

"Please! Don't do this... Give me another chance please!" You're eyes filled with even more tears. "We've given you plenty of chances... Go." You huffed and made your way to the restroom, whipping your tears and blood from your face.

" You huffed and made your way to the restroom, whipping your tears and blood from your face