One - Eyes

I dumped my last dorayaki into my mouth just as my eyes followed the idiot who just got back home from, as I expected, a fight. I sighed, stretched my hands, and shook my head. He's at it again.

"What did you do this time?" I warned.

Masaru clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. "Tch. They're all idiots."

"You forgot yourself, genius," I added.

He glared at me and proceeded walking upstairs to his room. He's an idiot, a dumb one. My eyes immediately shifted to his mother who only watched him with perturbation and confusion. I glanced back and forth, trying to comprehend the situation.

This household isn't even a home. Most of the time.

"Delle?" Aunt called out. "Will you speak with him for me?"

I hesitated. "Sure." It's the least I can do.

Unwillingly, my feet drove me to the stairs then to his room. I knocked once, opening his door next.

"Masaru."

"What?" His face annoyed.

"Who did you fight this time?" I had a feeling, but I wanted it to hear from him personally.

"I didn't fight..." He peeked at me who's raising a brow at him. "But I... lost all my money."

"You mean, your mother's money. Great, Masaru. Your dad will get mad at you for that, you know."

"Well, what can I do?!" He started to tremble, backing me off. "I'm... I'm their slave!"

"You're... a slave? A slave? So you're the idiots' slave, huh."

"It's not funny, Delle!"

I rolled my eyes. "Go on."

"I joined a group of delinquents, a very strong gang, probably one of the strongest. And everytime, I follow them. I-I can't escape," Masaru panted.

"So... who did they fight, Masaru?" I asked again.

Not him, please. That one's also an idiot!

Masaru looked away, his brows furrowing.

"Don't tell me..." I slightly gasped, expecting the unexpected. "Wh-what did they do?!"

He jolted at the raise of my voice. "I don't know, Delle! I was buying them drinks while they were knocking them out! He's probably at home right now!"

I bit my lip out of frustration and scooped my face. "You lead him to this, didn't you?"

Masaru looked down. "I didn't mean—"

"Oh, you did." I scoffed and rushed out from his room.

"Where are you going this late night, Delle?" My aunt asked from the kitchen. "What about dinner?"

"Sorry, Aunt Sora. Need to check on my other cousin out there."

"Hanagaki? Wait, what happened to him?" She worried.

"He's..." I paused and figured not to worry her any longer. "He's an idiot, aunt. He might get in trouble wandering alone this late night."

"Oh, you're right... but even so, you're a girl, Delle. It's much more dangerous for you. Why don't you take Masaru with you?"

I smiled, gritting my teeth. "No, thank you, Aunt Sora. I can handle this. Uhm, can you save me some dinner?" I grinned. "I'll be back quick."

In a swift motion, I got my keys and had my ride. His house isn't that far from Aunt Sora's so I arrived there eight minutes later. Panting, I knocked on the door repeatedly.