Two - Unseen

Four hours.

I spent my time circling my ride for four hours to gaze at the city lights.

The lovebirds went out for a date to Hina-chan's place while Masaru's enjoying his freedom from Kiyomasa which I heard was fired by Mikey. I already accomplished all my chores and schoolworks so that Aunt Sora would allow me to go out.

It hasn't been like this before, but even though I wasn't alone in the past, I was still lonely. I'm still stuck at that dark pit. After those times, I then found the person who I want to be with but eventually lost him afterwards. Still, I'm glad I met him.

The city from where I parked was vastly viewed. The river reflected its shimmering lights as the moon lighted out the cold, cozy night. Aunt Sora said that there will be fireworks that's why she prepared me all the snacks I can enjoy while viewing it.

She's not my mom, but somehow she treats me as her own.

At long last of waiting, the deafening yet bewitching fireworks emerged from the sky. There were no other emotions building up inside me but awe. I was amazed at how these fireworks come up at least once or maybe twice a year and yet have lots of people admire them.

They're beautiful even in the midst of darkness.

My fingers involuntarily opened an iced tea can while I gazed at it. I leaned my back on my bike and watched in awe, and for a few moments, I got distracted by the person near me.

He was also leaning his back on his motorcycle while seriously staring at the sky.

I didn't even notice how he got there!

It had me a while to realize who that was.

His unique style of hair was blown by the wind of the night

His unique style of hair was blown by the wind of the night. My curiosity piqued at the characters printed on his black and silky uniform. The design looked familiar to me. I instantly figured it out by remembering Shin-san's uniform. They're identical!

I lost track of my thoughts when Mikey shifted his eyes on me. His stare made me step back and gulp out of nervousness. He suddenly stood straight back up, his body facing my direction.

It was too late to react when he already treaded straight to me with his hands in his pockets. His serious stare never left my sight as he closed the distance between us. I froze the minute he stopped in front of me with a half meter distance.

I was afraid he'll ask me about what I saw the other day. I prayed that he won't and that I'll still come back home alive and well.

"Hey..." he spoke.

"Y-yes?"

I gripped my wrist, sensing the race of my heartbeat. He didn't see me that night, right? He doesn't know me. Besides, I was wearing my mask and I'm sure Michi wouldn't tell him about me unless necessary.